ANNOUNCED - TR-08

Post by cello »

Exciting! Roland release the Boutique TR-08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAueQ_q ... e=youtu.be

Happy 808 day!
Synthtron

Re: ANNOUNCED - TR-08

Post by Synthtron »

I also saw the SH-01a Boutique synth module that will be available in all three original colors: red, blue, and grey.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Nice new stuff!
Not particularly interesting for me, but very nice nonetheless and I can understand their demand.

The SP-404a however, I don't understand.
Except for it's Aira look I don't see any difference between the SX and this one.
It lacks Aira Link compatibility which I think is a pity to say the least.
It gives me the impression that they did a quick overhaul on the SX to satisfy the demand for an Aira sampler.

The polyphony on the SH-101 is a very nice addition.
I hope they will bring this to the Plugout version as well (and the other Plugouts).
Since I have a System-8 I don't feel the desire to own all the Boutique versions of the Plugouts, but I can see why people want this little beauty.

The TR-08 I find very tempting.
It looks very nice, but my experience with the TR-09 at my local store that I find it no pleasure to use with the tiny controllers. The tininess of the TR-08 looks quite similar to me, but I have to find it out in the store.
The TR-8 still fulfills my needs when it comes to electronic drums, so I don't really need the TR-08/TR-09, but they look irresistible.

I think Roland has given us a nice 808-day.
No long frustrating media campaign, just some nice new stuff.

Personally I hoped for a D50 Boutique, but you can't have it all
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Tom_1970 wrote:Nice new stuff!
Not particularly interesting for me, but very nice nonetheless and I can understand their demand.

The SP-404a however, I don't understand.
Except for it's Aira look I don't see any difference between the SX and this one.
It lacks Aira Link compatibility which I think is a pity to say the least.
It gives me the impression that they did a quick overhaul on the SX to satisfy the demand for an Aira sampler.

The polyphony on the SH-101 is a very nice addition.
I hope they will bring this to the Plugout version as well (and the other Plugouts).
Since I have a System-8 I don't feel the desire to own all the Boutique versions of the Plugouts, but I can see why people want this little beauty.

The TR-08 I find very tempting.
It looks very nice, but my experience with the TR-09 at my local store that I find it no pleasure to use with the tiny controllers. The tininess of the TR-08 looks quite similar to me, but I have to find it out in the store.
The TR-8 still fulfills my needs when it comes to electronic drums, so I don't really need the TR-08/TR-09, but they look irresistible.

I think Roland has given us a nice 808-day.
No long frustrating media campaign, just some nice new stuff.

Personally I hoped for a D50 Boutique, but you can't have it all
Now you have it!!! the new D-05
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Now you have it!!! the new D-05
YES!!!
Wishes do come true sometimes.