Did god ceate the Universe (Stephen Hawking)

Talk about anything here
Quinnx.

Did god ceate the Universe (Stephen Hawking)

Post by Quinnx. »

Okay some heavy diversion here in this topic.. if anyone cares..

anyone seen this documentary that tries to explain away the whole concept of god and the universe..
at the end of the discussion it claims because before the big bang there was no time..
where would there be a place for god since there was no time for god to exist??
personally im neither for or against the idea of god but the above argument is kinda interesting on a scientific level of course..
secret Roland agent

Re: Did god ceate the Universe (Stephen Hawking)

Post by secret Roland agent »

The question would be, if God didn't create the universe, who did? . . . Someone please get me an aspirin!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

I'm glad someone CEATED Grammar Wombat.... [wink]
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

It certainly takes alot of faith to believe that Grammar came from nothing and nowhere in a place where time did not exist. I personally believe there is a God! . . . Oh! . . . and thanks for the aspirin, Grammar!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

So called scientist are so funny with there Theories especially Stephen Hawkins of all people .
No doubt Stephen Hawkins is one great mind but he is going in the wrong direction .
How convient for him if there was no god but how awful it would be for young new lovers running in the wind with the sun shining on there faces .

Here's a simple example that GOD is real .

If you went into a music store and saw an amazing synthesizer you would say to yourself that an expert craftsmen with knowledge and skill builded it . Well what about a man , what about the Universe ?

Man will always be weak because man's mind can't conceive the fact that something could have always existed .

The problem is that man is still trying to understand instead of Overstand .

Now , can you Overstand that my friends ?
Sliverdigger

Post by Sliverdigger »

Nice illustration with the synthesizer.
When you consider the human ear, I wonder how evolutionists believe such an intricate and marvelous instrument came about. In a nonhearing world did a couple of cells, by chance, start forming an apparatus that could transform vibrations into some kind of electric energy that could travel by some yet to be developed nerve connections that would somehow find their way to a pre-evolved brain that could now program itself to somehow know how to interpret this information for the many benefits we receive? In the prehuman skull did these cells by chance plant themselves in what appears to be the absolute best location (not only by the fact that they are protected by the holes they reside in but also that there are two of them thus aiding in the ability to tell where a sound comes from)? How about developing in just the perfect sound and decibel range to be of the most benefit. As musicians knowing the tremendous joy we receive from both natural and created sounds should not that instill in us at least a curiosity as to whether or not there is a superior being and if there is do we owe him anything for all the wonderful senses that we have?
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

secret Roland agent wrote:It certainly takes alot of faith to believe that Grammar came from nothing and nowhere in a place where time did not exist. I personally believe there is a God! . . . Oh! . . . and thanks for the aspirin, Grammar!
You are most welcome, my friend!

I am happy to allot you some of my aspirin tablets as I have a lot of them. The grammar of the Roland Clan being what it is (and what else would it be?), I find it convenient to purchase aspirin in large quantities. In fact, I buy them by the ceate…

umm… by the crate.
Rocness wrote:…The problem is that man is still trying to understand instead of Overstand
My dear Rocness, the Roland Clan has strict rules against the invention of new words. The English language already has too many words! The invention of new words can only cause confusion among our many non-English speaking members.

Besideswise, it makes my head overhurt.
synthobob

Post by synthobob »

Most of the universe isn't 'expertly crafted' like us living creatures: a lot of it is gas, rocks, radiation and relative chaos. We were 'crafted' by natural selection over a billion year epoch, our whole ecosystem fueled by a constant suply of relatively consistent sunlight.

Complex conscious life really can arise from simple dust and debris all on its own without the influence of any gods- but that still doesn't prove there's no Creator: who do you think dreamed up this whole thing in the first place? Who endowed dust with the power to come alive and think on its own, given the right conditions? I refuse to say "There is no God" even though there doesn't need to be one to explain our existence...

(this is my 2nd post on this forum- this is how my brain works all the time. sorry)
ozy

Post by ozy »

Rocness wrote:If you went into a music store and saw an amazing synthesizer you would say to yourself that an expert craftsmen with knowledge and skill builded it
well, I tested the Kronos, I have owned a Akai Miniak, I played a Yamaha cs1x...

... and I have been an atheist since.

On the other hand, I must admit that I respect some religious rules, and I never try refuting other peopole's beliefs,

1) out of deference to my parents' religion and to a millennial tradition,

and

2) because the prophet-5 and the yamaha vl-1 gave me some food for meditation.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

If God is beyond this Universe why would he/she/it need time to exist?
rbarkhouse

Post by rbarkhouse »

Fantom G sequencer = proof of no god :)
SkylineUK

Post by SkylineUK »

If 'something' created the universe, and like many others I often ponder why there is anything at all, the default explanation should not be that 'God' - a human mental construct - is responsible. That's copping out of a tricky question in the biggest way possible. In the absence of any proof all other explanations are equally feasible, including that propounded by Richard Adams in 'Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'.

Question for all those who find the need to believe in a 'God': in a few billion years' time our sun will expand and extinguish all life on this, and numerous other planets. There will then be no sentient life in existence that can contemplate the existence of a 'God'. Ergo, he/she can't exist.
SkylineUK

Post by SkylineUK »

Andy Keys wrote:If God is beyond this Universe why would he/she/it need time to exist?
Time is simply nature's way of making sure everything doesn't happen at once!
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

SkylineUK wrote:
Andy Keys wrote:If God is beyond this Universe why would he/she/it need time to exist?
Time is simply nature's way of making sure everything doesn't happen at once!
Nice! :o)