Why is this forum not as active as the Kronos forum?

Talk about anything here
RayS

Re: Why is this forum not as active as the Kronos forum?

Post by RayS »

Devnor wrote:Dan & Rich are busy with Korg's next new product. They have no comment because they aren't working on it.
Ha ha ..Since you know something what are they working on? Oh yeah you cant tell huh?
ozy

Post by ozy »

Devnor wrote:Dan & Rich are busy with Korg's next new product.
Hopefully, a Kronos 2.00 RACK. Feautirng a decent wind/brass modeling engine.

At 2000 euros.

Here's a buyer. My wallet is ready.

Oh, and, of course... they will be working on a Kronos mini-keys version.

Korg is good at mini-keys.

And racks.
RayS

Post by RayS »

Well Rich has spoken once again with some well-written "canned answer" keybed fix response. Only a month past due for a comment.. and says its only a "SMALL PERCENTAGE"" affected?? Choke..cough..what? No mention of any "editor" either..Forgot I guess??

Now the mystery problem fix is a ~supposed~ minor adjustment?? That they have tested..And will be included on new keybeds? Good to know..However IMHO their vague response was pitiful to say the least, and very vague for those that have waited months wanting to hear a cut & dry fix to their problem. Didnt happen and now everyone has more questions than answers.

Any speculation as to what this actual "secret little adjustment" is? Surely someone knows a tech that can answer what this procedure includes when someone takes in their bad keyboard.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Thicker cardboard inserts?
RayS

Post by RayS »

Devnor wrote:Thicker cardboard inserts?
Yep, funny Devnor! Lucky that only "a small percentage" have the problem they wont need but a few pieces of cardboard.......haha.

And Sharp will ban you if you complain ..or if you comment about the Korg Groupies. He will question your intentions and say you are very disingenuous being some kind of conspirator?
Oh well, I guess he has to do what Korg says now since he doesnt own anything anymore. He moved the site to Korg Inc., since he doesnt believe in advertising and wouldnt allow ads there. I bet seeing commercial ads on TV is a "Freak" for him..ha ha..
What do you say OZY? Maybe we should all chip in another donation for him..haha
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Yea , they want to attack me because I speak truth and THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !
I will not respond to negativity .
The funny thing is I've spent more money with Korg than most of the people up there .
Now he wants to close the very thread that's there to help Kronos owners with problems .
I think he just showed his true card with that statement .
Namm 2012 should be interesting .
RayS

Post by RayS »

Rocness wrote:Yea , they want to attack me because I speak truth and THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH !
I will not respond to negativity .
The funny thing is I've spent more money with Korg than most of the people up there .
Now he wants to close the very thread that's there to help Kronos owners with problems .
I think he just showed his true card with that statement .
Namm 2012 should be interesting .
Yeah I agree, Rocness he is the big paranoid moderator now!! I saw Sharp and Pepperpottys true cards already!! Now he posts & threatens to close the "defective RH3 thread" per complaining, playing the Mr Mafia Moderator role! Guess who is pulling Sharps strings..Duh! Of course he lies..I mean denys anything.

Bruce asked good questions, as how the older 73s and 88s dont need the fix if they are OK now? If they are updating the new ones being made, and doing repairs on defective ones already sold ..then guess what.. I bet All of them need the fix.. Period! Why wouldnt they? Only reason would be if they used different parts from different manufacturers. And why they refuse to state what is being done to fix them and what the problem was is anyones guess? Still nothing mentioned about the Editor either?? Forgot I guess..
ozy

Post by ozy »

Devnor wrote:Thicker cardboard inserts?
Am I the only one here, old enough for remembering the famous phrase:

"... and finally: when you take an analogue synth to gigs, you risk keys and knobs to fall apart. On the contrary, virtual analogues are roadworthy, you can take then anywhere" ?
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

Guys,
some of you are definitely not normal here. No offense, it's the free zone, but however, I see some really schizophrenic behavior here. A make a more or less kindly discussion over there, and here you turn into something completely different and as useless as one can only imagine.
What drugs are you taking to produce this amount of total crap? Commenting every move on that forum as if your life depends on it.
I'd say kindergarten, but I won't offense that institution where you'll find more mature behavior than some of you demonstrate here.
Those official Korg guys give you at least some answers and yes, if 5 or 15 forum members report a problem, it doesn't mean that it's the majority of the users. On the opposite, I have never heard any single statement from a Roland employee here on some obvious problems, besides calling people who report problems as being trolls.
You don't realize that there is absolutely no communication between Roland and their customers, and yet you dare to make some critique about how Korg responds and communicates with their customers?
I had quite some problems with gear that I used in the past and never did I have the slightest need to talk that amount of garbage about that company, their (un)official forum or other members. I simply sell the gear, learn my lesson and move on. If I would catch myself as constantly complaining, offending other people, other gear and other forums, I'd rather cancel my internet account before I'd allow myself to fall as deep in my social behavior as some of you do.

Tell me,
- where did Roland give you an answer what is the final amount of polyphony on the jp80 and how it is counted?
- where did Roland make a statement about why some features on their flagship workstation are still not implemented in the FG OS as explained in the product manual?
- where did Roland respond to faulty display problems on some Juno keyboard models (reported by more than one user)
- where did Roland make a statement about key wearing problems on their hammer weighted keybeds?
- where did Roland make a statement or at least inform their users that there will be no more ARX expansion cards, which were advertised as the next big thing and are now sold for peanuts?
- why did Roland update the file system on their JP80 which is obviously a niche product and definitely not a hot seller, while at the same time they didn't give a shit about thousands of Fantom G users who complained for three years about that same ridiculously limited file system on the "flagship workstations" which is or was sold at list twenty times better than the JP80 ever will be? Remember, they still sell the FG.

You don't see that this place is almost dead, where the subforum about the Metamorphosis of the Legend is dead silent, where the main discussion on the flagship workstation subforum is all about whether there will be a new piano bench released on the next coming NAMM. And you have nothing better to do than discuss about why a moderator is closing, moving or changing this or that topic on the other forum? You have nothing better to do than report here that one single Kronos doesn't boot up (as reported by one member) and what will happen to the topic?

Either I don't get your sense of humor or some of you have some serious health problems.
ScoobyDoo555

Post by ScoobyDoo555 »

I think it's a little unfair to be branded as one of the Korg "bullies" (but am honoured that you felt it necessary to mention me in this forum!) - or so it would seem. I feel the need to just put the record straight from my point of view.

Jahrome has had a TERRIBLE experience with his Kronos. Not none person has said that's not the case.
I personally felt that his title was a little extreme, and posted the following -

"Your sentiment is valid: to a point. Bear in mind most of Kronos' technology is tried/tested now (from OASYS)........
Been around for a while now.
I would also challenge that it's NOT the "worst keyboard ever played" - more so, in some cases, VERY flaky QC and unreliability.......
But different people have different expectations - the issue could be that the expectations are not necessarily in "sync" with the manufacturer."

Now that doesn't seem to be "bully-boy" tactics. I have IN NO WAY bullied Jahrome (who doesn't seem that type of personality) into changing the title: I'm disappointed that he did tbh.

My personal stance is that I will defend my Kronos, as PERSONALLY, I've got one that works fine. That's my opinion. I can only speak as I find.
FWIW, I got shot down in flames when the forums didn't agree with my suggestion about a sub-forum for all the issues and complaints. On the front page. For all to see. Or "hide threads" option for users etc etc. Certainly not censorship imho. But we've moved on from that.

That doesn't make me a fan-boy at all - I've got a lot of Roland kit that I will sing their praises from the rooftops (and slag it off when necessary) - but just like the rest of my gear.

But to answer the original question. The Kronos forum is focusing on a "new" piece of kit in 3 formats (61, 73, 88), therefore there was a lot of chatter about it, and sadly due to some QC issues (which I still believe are in the minority in the grand scheme of things - after all, and this was my one point, nobody goes onto forums to praise their kit!) the chatter escalated.

In comparison, Roland released the Jupiter 80. In one format. With relatively few issues in comparison - it's a different tool completely to Kronos: possibly with less of a buying demographic? I don't know.

It would be interesting to see how many threads/posts there are in comparison relating to the Fantom G and all the "issues" (and unresolved ones too) surrounding this machine...... they will probably be quite similar in traffic..... imho.

Dan
RayS

Post by RayS »

Mojo and Scooby..since we are all just a "Paranoid Muppet Show" why would you lurk here anyway? And you got "dragged into the bullying "title"? If the shoe fits wear it..and if reading is unpleasant for you then "dont read it" DUH!! and glad you have a good Kronos, works for you..yippee!! And BTW I dont want you to get Paranoid or anything but did anyone see the new thread from user Shuen with yet another power supply problem reported? Looks like the same problem as Jahrome who Korg told him it was a motherboard? Hmmm.. We are still waiting for anyone to report any build issues with the Jupiter 80?

Funny how the moderators always seem to overlook the Kronos soap-opera clowns like sani & jimknopf and their "very obvious disingenuous" comments towards others? I guess maybe they know The Cookie Monster or something??
ScoobyDoo555

Post by ScoobyDoo555 »

RayS wrote:Mojo and Scooby..since we are all just a "Paranoid Muppet Show" why would you lurk here anyway? And you got "dragged into the bullying "title"? If the shoe fits wear it..and if reading is unpleasant for you then "dont read it" DUH!! and glad you have a good Kronos, works for you..yippee!! And BTW I dont want you to get Paranoid or anything but did anyone see the new thread from user Shuen with yet another power supply problem reported? Looks like the same problem as Jahrome who Korg told him it was a motherboard? Hmmm.. We are still waiting for anyone to report any build issues with the Jupiter 80?

Funny how the moderators always seem to overlook the Kronos soap-opera clowns like sani & jimknopf and their "very obvious disingenuous" comments towards others? I guess maybe they know The Cookie Monster or something??
RayS, I haven't come over here to pick a fight - but to put the record straight: I have NO issue with people taking issue with me, as long as they have their facts right. And in this case, they're not. I don't lurk here - I do take part: granted not recently but when there's acerbic posters like yourself, it's not very inviting. So there's no need to be childish. This isn't your playpen (and I use that term on purpose) - you have NO say on whether I lurk or contribute, and I'll take part accordingly. With your mighty post count of 85, you're pretty much in the same category :)
But I'm certainly not going to feed your Troll-like attitude, nor your paranoia. However, being the bigger person, if you post up about any technical issues I feel I can help with, I will gladly do so.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

mojkarma wrote:- why did Roland update the file system on their JP80 which is obviously a niche product and definitely not a hot seller, while at the same time they didn't give a shit about thousands of Fantom G users who complained for three years about that same ridiculously limited file system on the "flagship workstations" which is or was sold at list twenty times better than the JP80 ever will be? Remember, they still sell the FG.
Workstations are dead. The FG is dead. But if you really want the inside scoop, its because Roland just likes the Jupiter 80 users better than Fantom guys. Our wish - their command. But its not just Jupiter guys oh no. The Korg folks complained the Jupiter registration system was too complicated...they couldn't dial up a simple piano sound at the music store. Hello single registrations. Next up - series FX and needed enhancements to organ and EP instruments.

Its a great time to be playing synthesizers.
RayS

Post by RayS »

ScoobyDoo555 wrote:
RayS wrote:Mojo and Scooby..since we are all just a "Paranoid Muppet Show" why would you lurk here anyway? And you got "dragged into the bullying "title"? If the shoe fits wear it..and if reading is unpleasant for you then "dont read it" DUH!! and glad you have a good Kronos, works for you..yippee!! And BTW I dont want you to get Paranoid or anything but did anyone see the new thread from user Shuen with yet another power supply problem reported? Looks like the same problem as Jahrome who Korg told him it was a motherboard? Hmmm.. We are still waiting for anyone to report any build issues with the Jupiter 80?

RayS, I haven't come over here to pick a fight - but to put the record straight: I have NO issue with people taking issue with me, as long as they have their facts right. And in this case, they're not. I don't lurk here - I do take part: granted not recently but when there's acerbic posters like yourself, it's not very inviting. So there's no need to be childish. This isn't your playpen (and I use that term on purpose) - you have NO say on whether I lurk or contribute, and I'll take part accordingly. With your mighty post count of 85, you're pretty much in the same category :)
But I'm certainly not going to feed your Troll-like attitude, nor your paranoia. However, being the bigger person, if you post up about any technical issues I feel I can help with, I will gladly do so.
Hey Scooby ..Shrek here.,,I have 86 count now :>) ... so you have a fully working Kronos.. ?? Great.. No Ram, Power issues, loose screws, no separation in between the keys, USB stick errors, no touchscreen clarity issues? Answer me this.. are you plan on taking it in for the keybed to be replaced...or taking a chance to see if it fails before the warranty expires? Curious as EnjoyRC developed his keybed problem after 7 months.. And I wonder what the new keybed will be like..
ScoobyDoo555

Post by ScoobyDoo555 »

Hand on heart, not a single issue (yet). Granted I've got a 61 key and there don't seem to be as many issues with these. But in the event it does die, it will go back to either Korg UK or the shop, and it will be fixed or replaced. Two things to clarify:
1. I fully accepted when I bought Kronos that there was a chance of issues. Whilst the concepts are brought over from oasys, the hardware is "cheaper" and relatively untested. A peril of being an early adopter, I guess.
2. Not quite in other users' positions but Kronos merely added to my studio and live kit, so if there's an issue I can always revert to plan b.

One thing I have no doubt on though is that if there are issues with my machine, korg will sort it. If there is as erious recall, warranty won't make any difference. Doesn't affect other industries (car recalls etc) so this would be no different.