Why is this forum not as active as the Kronos forum?

Talk about anything here
cello

Re: Why is this forum not as active as the Kronos forum?

Post by cello »

Jan_nl wrote:Functionwise, the KRONOS is a further development of the OASYS and therefore its successor.
Pricewise, it's the successor of the M3.
There you have it, everybody is happy, but, to be honest, who cares?
Agreed! And yes, it's not important. Sorry if I made it sound like it was!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

mojkarma wrote:
Rocness wrote: The truth is most of the talk over there is about the very poor quality of the Kronos .Korg's reputation is forever damaged .
As usual, you are lying in the same way as you did about your topic being moved to the general gear area, where you said it was abandoned. People talk about anything Kronos related and yes, problems with the keyboard are part of it. When the same happened here regarding the Fantom G, we were told that this is because people without problems don't post. And if Rolands reputation is not damaged by the fact that people complained for whole 4 years here, I doubt that Korgs reputation will be damaged.
What I said was it was banded from the Korg Kronos section of the forum , which was true , but you would have to read the post to know that , which you obvious did not . Granted the title was not the best for the post but if you read what I wrote,
it explains clearly what I meant so before you go around calling people liars try reading 1st.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

mojkarma wrote:
Rocness wrote:Then Korg forgot to put the pad triggers on the kronos so now you have to go buy a nano pad and hook it up and have it falling all over the place, now that's a shame because even the M3 had the pad triggers built in below the screen just like Oasys .

And again, where are the pads on the JP80? The Fantom S, X, G had it. Where is the serial FX connection? The Fantom X had it. Where are the keyboards from Roland which can take an ARX card. My ARX card manual talks about keyboards in the future which will be able to use them.
What you fail to realize is that The Jp-80 is not trying to be a Fantom ,
but the Kronos is obviously trying to be a cheap Oasys and when I say cheap I mean cheap .
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

mojkarma wrote:
Rocness wrote:Come on , it's true , now some people have a different OS then others because of the keybed . Some people get new keybeds and some people don't . What a mess , think about the resell value , it's all messed up now. How do you know if your getting a used Kronos with a new keybed or not. maybe with Kronos 2 they can get it right .
This is just one example how ridiculous your comments are. Some people have problems with their keybeds, and some don't. What the hell do you expect? That Korg should replace every single keybed regardless whether it's faulty or not? Resale value? A Kronos with the old but correct keybed will probably be in better shape than a heavily gigged Kronos with the new keybed after some years.
I'm glad the auto industry don't share your same philosophy because when a car's gas tank is know to explode on a certain year and model they fix it on all of that year and model car , they usually don't wait for the car to explode before saying hey, why don't you bring it in now because you defiantly have the problem .

Nobody should have to pay all that money for a board worrying that one day there board may develop the well known problem .What if your problem develops after your warranty is up , then what ?
RayS

Post by RayS »

Rocness wrote:What you fail to realize is that The Jp-80 is not trying to be a Fantom ,
but the Kronos is obviously trying to be a cheap Oasys and when I say cheap I mean cheap .
Rocness ..but they are replacing the cheap parts .. Fans..Keybed.. Ram!! .. I wonder whats next to go... SSD drive .. Motherboard..Touchsceen..???
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

Rocness wrote: Nobody should have to pay all that money for a board worrying that one day there board may develop the well known problem .What if your problem develops after your warranty is up , then what ?
If the board develops a well known problem afterwards it will most probably be replaced because it's based on a known problem. At least, that's what I would imagine. But I can't look into the future. On the other side, I explained it to you very clearly: some units have the problem, some don't. Some keybeds are properly built, some are not. Don't make a science about it. If I and my neighbor have the same car model and he is required to fix a part which is built wrongly, I don't scream and ask for a fix if the problem doesn't appear on my car. This is logic and not philosophy.

Especially the "cut off" problem is something that is also very known to Roland. Google about the RD700GXF and NX regarding that problem. For the GXF model it was said that the internal processor is to weak to handle the supernatural piano and therefor cut off problems appear. And there is no solution and no fix from Roland. They built something that the instrument can't handle, they sell it to you, they got your money and now you can kiss their ass.
The same problem appeared on the newly released NX model. After a few months an update was delivered. And still, people experience the same problem under certain conditions. Mainly when playing the keyboard on top of a played wave file from an usb stick.
No solution, no response from Roland. No statement. Nothing.
Everybody experiences that problem but not all people play in the same way so they don't eventually realize that it's there.

Another problem is the ivory key wear issue on some (again: some) hammer weighted models from Roland. Those people who experienced that problem got a replacement from Roland. And Roland acknowledged that problem on some early built RD700GX units. And again, not all people got the replacement. Just those who actually experienced that problem. And nobody tried to beat a dead horse like you by crying what will happen to those who will eventually experience the problem afterwards. You have a problem? You contact your distributor. You don't have a problem? You continue to enjoy your instrument. That's the way it should be and it's the same for all manufacturers. Instead, you are making your personal war here against Korg and the whole world. Just stop with your ridiculous arguments.
RayS

Post by RayS »

mojkarma wrote:
Rocness wrote: Nobody should have to pay all that money for a board worrying that one day there board may develop the well known problem .What if your problem develops after your warranty is up , then what ?
If the board develops a well known problem afterwards it will most probably be replaced because it's based on a known problem. At least, that's what I would imagine. But I can't look into the future. On the other side, I explained it to you very clearly: some units have the problem, some don't. Some keybeds are properly built, some are not. Don't make a science about it. If I and my neighbor have the same car model and he is required to fix a part which is built wrongly, I don't scream and ask for a fix if the problem doesn't appear on my car. This is logic and not philosophy.

Nope your wrong, Forget about build issues , even though thats a different subject. The fact is, since all RH3 keybeds first built did have "same exact parts" then the "tolerances or adjustments" must be different on some verses the others. The new "Replaced" keybed most likely widens the tolerances or adjustment range using NEW PARTS, to allow for heat/cold...shipping bumps and knocks.. as mentioned by users having problems. Probably why they later tried to start using spacers in between the keys when shipping them...AHA!! I will also bet they were short-handed for workers and parts after the tsunami. ...using Temporary workers .maybe the reason they were delayed, ya think so Mojo? So now which keybed do you want to own?? An old one .. or the new modified one, which users also have reported having a better feel to them also?? Dumb question? And how do you indentify the difference between the old version and new, as someone needs to post pics of the differences?
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

RayS wrote: Nope your wrong, Forget about build issues , even though thats a different subject.

Excuse me, what's different whether Roland or Korg have the same problem? That being issues on faulty parts of the first built series.
RayS wrote:The fact is, since all RH3 keybeds first built did have "same exact parts" then the "tolerances or adjustments" must be different on some verses the others.
Fact is that some users experience a problem and some don't. As soon as you and Rocness get the part into your brain, the better for you both. If I don't have a problem with my keybed, I don't ask for a solution. I don't ask for an upgrade. I don't care for any difference. If I have a keyboard that is working in the way as it's intended to work, all is fine.

RayS wrote:I will also bet they were short-handed for workers and parts after the tsunami. ...using Temporary workers .maybe the reason they were delayed, ya think so Mojo?
In that case, it would mean that you bash Korg for some problems that Korg is not responsible for. However, what a great example of humanity you are showing here! People lost their life, their houses, and you are bothered with temporary workers and parts. Does it get worse than this?
RayS wrote:So now which keybed do you want to own?? An old one .. or the new modified one, which users also have reported having a better feel to them also?? Dumb question? And how do you indentify the difference between the old version and new, as someone needs to post pics of the differences?
The point is not in getting a "new" or "old" one. Either it works or it doesn't. That's the whole point. Do you care about the fact that on you have to play piano on your jp80 plasticly feeling keyboard? Does it feel like new or like old? If you would have used a piano weighted keyboard for years (like I do), every semi weighted keyboard feels like cheap plastic. Not because it's bad but just because you are used to more resistance. Do you feel bad because your JP80 can't even create such a basic thing like an organ with a leslie and overdrive effect? I was able to create that on keyboards twenty years ago. And yet, Roland still doesn't know how to get that part right? Supernatural drawbar organ without rotary and overdrive?
You both (meaning Rocness) accept that you have a keyboard where two of for parts are hardwired to eq, compression and delay (!), that you can't recreate even some of the most popular keyed instruments, that you don't know what is the polyphony number (because it's processor depending), that you have a parallel connection of insert effects - something that no other workstation or DAW uses because it's simply bullshit without any advance - and yet you complain about Korg??? A company which released the 8 part workstation with 33 effects in 1988, while Roland managed to release the D70 with chorus and reverb a whole year later with serious OS problems and horrible latencies on midi because the processor was underpowered?! BTW, that was the first time that Roland used a name which had absolutely nothing to do with the D-series technology and now Roland does the same yet again.
You want to complain about Korg and the Kronos with its 2000 user rewritable combinations, while you accept the jp80 with a "gigantic" 256 registration memory. With over 2000 live presets? What are the 2000 live presets good for if I can use only 512 of them in the 256 registration memory?
You had problem in getting around the program/combination structure which requires you to press a bank button and dial for the program with the numeric buttons. Yet you accept that you recall registrations switching thru banks with a plus/minus button, which means that you have to press a button a couple of times until you get to your desired bank, called registration set???
You bash Korg because they didn't release the editor, but you accept the jp80 without an editor at all?
You praise Roland for the JP80 while I'm shaking my head about the fact that they still sell the Fantom G which is supposed to hold an ARX card which is no more available??? Does it get worse with Roland?
And then, Dan Krisher is coming to the show and tells you that much more is coming in the future? While at the same time the FG users don't even get what is clearly written in the manual? And Dan Krisher simply jumped of from the FG subforum.
It's not all perfect with Korg. But there is no worse company then Roland regarding how they communicate with their users and how they handle their products. They just throw a product on the market and you can pray that you get something or you don't.
For me, Roland definitely knows how to create great sounds on keyboards and how to sample properly an instrument. But their keyboards are made by people how don't have a clue about how they are used either live or in the studio. In short, great sounding keyboards without a sign of passion of knowledge.
RayS

Post by RayS »

mojkarma wrote:In that case, it would mean that you bash Korg for some problems that Korg is not responsible for. However, what a great example of humanity you are showing here! People lost their life, their houses, and you are bothered with temporary workers and parts. Does it get worse than this?
Damn Dude your nuts and take everything written "out of context"?? as I am not bashing Korg because of the Tsunami? I said maybe they probably had problems because of it, using temp workers to get the job done. ...Jeezus!!

And if you are content playing a keyboard as-is without getting the latest version, thats your option!! But the problem with your "If it aint broke, dont fix it" theory is not everyone wants to continue using a working rotary phone when Iphones are being sold.
mojkarma wrote:You want to complain about Korg and the Kronos with its 2000 user rewritable combinations, while you accept the jp80 with a "gigantic" 256 registration memory. With over 2000 live presets? What are the 2000 live presets good for if I can use only 512 of them in the 256 registration memory?
Many of all the rewritable registrations are pretty much repetition or very similiar to each other that you cant even distinguish the difference between some. And yeah the Jupiter 80 doesnt have GM sounds on it(thank you) taking up space.

So you bash the Jupiter because of its name?? And no Jupiter doesnt have the Editor BUT...and a big But .. it was NOT ADVERTISED as having it as the Kronos was!! A year later still nothing yet?? Great customer communication also with no explanation or reasons for the delay. Now why dont you talk and compare Build Quality between the 2!!
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

RayS wrote: And if you are content playing a keyboard as-is without getting the latest version, thats your option!! But the problem with your "If it aint broke, dont fix it" theory is not everyone wants to continue using a working rotary phone when Iphones are being sold.

If you bought a keyboard "as it is" and you are satisfied with it "as it is" and you don't have a problem with it "as it is", then there is no reason to complain about it. Sorry, but your arguments are completely illogical. The iPhone doesn't make my rotary phone unusable or "broken". If I wanted always the newest, that's my problem. Not the problem of a working device.

RayS wrote:And yeah the Jupiter 80 doesnt have GM sounds on it(thank you) taking up space.

Some people need the GM sounds. Why can't you respect that simple fact? On the Kronos the GM bank is hold in one of the 14 banks. If you don't need it, you just don't press that button. I don't see the problem in having 128 unneeded patches while you still have 1900 to go. And with the latest update there are 1000 user patches more.
RayS wrote:So you bash the Jupiter because of its name??
No. I'm the last one who would complain about a keyboard because of its name.
RayS wrote:And no Jupiter doesnt have the Editor BUT...and a big But .. it was NOT ADVERTISED as having it as the Kronos was!! A year later still nothing yet??
I'm trying to explain to you that you are constantly bashing Korg on some of their behavior or decision, while you don't see that Roland acts in the same way and often much much worse. The Fantom G is still the currently sold flagship workstation keyboard by Roland. And it's advertised to accept two ARX expansion cards. Which Roland doesn't produce any more. How ridiculous is that? While FG users were waiting for more ARX expansion cards, Roland neglected their user base completely and worked on the JP80! So, right now you can buy their still current workstation and you have to buy the options from ebay or stores which still have some rest of those cards.
RayS wrote:Great customer communication also with no explanation or reasons for the delay.
Did Roland explain us why they don't produce ARX expansions any more for a product which they still sell and which they advertise as having arx expansion slots?
Did Roland ever explained what the exact polyphony is on the JP80?
Did they ever told you why you can't create a patch with two serial connected effects?
They are absolutely quite, not communicating with their users at all. Until a new product comes out and they want to promote it. As soon you ask anything specific about their instrument, they are absolutely quite.
RayS wrote:Now why dont you talk and compare Build Quality between the 2!!
For the most simple reason that build quality is not something that will make my music better or which will help me out completing any of my tasks. Yes, I want and expect from an instrument to be properly built. But I don't judge a keyboard just by the built quality.
RayS

Post by RayS »

Yeah your right..I wouldnt complain about a keybed either..UNLESS they start updating older versions with newer parts that fix old problems.. such as the data knob...which they are doing...hoorray! Only you would keep it..Just because it works.??So if you have a problem and need the keybed update after the warranty..I believe it will COST MONEY. But if you are identipendently wealthy I guess it doesnt matter!

And you keep referring to the Roland G and ARX cards which I know nothing about or have never played one or owned one. And you dont judge a keyboard by "build quality"? So in other words it can be a cardboard box..as long as the sounds are good? You dont make any logical sense!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Sorry to see Korg forum locking threads agin .
And can somebody tell me what in the heck is Pepperpotty talking about comparing a $3000 synth workstation
to a old computer and cell phone ? lol ! dang it !

Hey vEddY way to hold your own but unfortunately when fanboys unite, no one is safe .
That's why we must summons the King Liger half Lion, half tiger with super animal powers to defend true objective people .

I better provide a link before you know who starts calling me a liar .
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... start=1635
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

The thread needed to be locked. Nothing but a bitch fest bumped by third party software vendors and apologists...some warranted but at this stage they are beating a dead horse.
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Done!