Why is this forum not as active as the Kronos forum?

Talk about anything here
Rocness

Re: Why is this forum not as active as the Kronos forum?

Post by Rocness »

Leave it to me to get Sharp cursing haha . I'm
flattered that he follows my post over here .
But they must realize I'm actually being nice.
If I wanted to I could rip The Kronos apart .
ozy

Post by ozy »

Before saying ANYTHING about ANYONE, Sharp should give back the money he begged for 15 days before selling out to Korg.

It's a matter of decency and self respect. The man obviously has none of either.
RayS

Post by RayS »

ozy wrote:Before saying ANYTHING about ANYONE, Sharp should give back the money he begged for 15 days before selling out to Korg.

It's a matter of decency and self respect. The man obviously has none of either.
I guess we are both stupid!! I emailed him for a refund also..and his arrogant reply below. Fortunately for me I only gave the poor beggar $15..and the only thing you can do is report it to Paypal. I guess we are just too disgusting Ozy!! Piff....And guess what..when he sells the domain, guess who gets the money?

"Are you seriously that miserable? Your money was a donation which I spent on the running of a non-profit forum. One that has cost me personally thousands over the 10+ years, and which will be now online forever thanks to KORG USA hosting us. It wasn't a membership fee, and it was not conditional. You should be completely ashamed of yourself. This is totally disgusting...!!!! 15 USD... piff.... What about my 10+ years of hosting fees I paid for out of my pocket and the years you were on my site."
ozy

Post by ozy »

I didn't ASK for the money back. Go figure, feck him.

But I am not surprised by the answer you got.

It is the 21st Century blackmail by the No Profit Volunteers: "I do it for free, why should I do it WELL, honestly, in a competent way?". I hear that twice a week by some parent-turned-assistant-coach, some politician, and the likes.

Right. Why on earth doing things right unless you are paid for the extra effort?

Once you do it for free, you're allowed to lie, screw up, sell-out, etc etc...

Half the time Sharp uses the forum selling his own arranger products (and bitching about korg. Read his partner's, Sherrat, comments), the other half he kisses Korg's ass because they pay for his bandwidth.

Well...

There was a time when Korg keyboards sold in the tens of thousands just because once a year you saw Emerson and Zawinul showing them off on some magazine.

Now it takes thousand of web pages, and careful "communication management" (aka censorship) just to hold back the return of faulty instruments...

I imagine that makes the role of fanboys and corporate groupies essential for the marketing dept.

So, the guys must feel very self-important now. They finally have a mission.

Sharp always complained of Korg not helping him: well, now they have a reson for helping. they need counterpropaganda.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

This is some BS , there is definitely some funny business going on over there.
At 1st this guy Jahrome is mad as hell, then all of a sudden he changes the title and then leaves his own thread .
I'm not buying that until he comes back and explain .
ozy

Post by ozy »

do the words "... or else" ring a bell?
cello

Post by cello »

FYI - Jahrome has responded
RayS

Post by RayS »

cello wrote:FYI - Jahrome has responded
Yeah he responded as if he was harrassed by private messages from the Korg Groupies. He said.."I changed it because some of you guys are so irritating." ..and then.." I am sending it back to the same people that built this keyboard."

Somethings smells with this whole picture?? and really weird with this guy..OK He lives in Tokyo(near or close to where they are made) but yet buys not one, but two from a dealer in the US..for some reason..and online.. having to pay huge shipping costs?? What the?? Then has a problem and ships it to Korg Japan in Japan? Why in the hell wouldnt he buy the 2 from a dealer in Japan... and just drive the faulty keyboard to the main site in Japan with his problem? Couldnt be that far away and surely their is a dealer in Japan that sells them..?? Plus the shipping charges etc..possibility of getting damaged in shipping? FISHY!! I would be on Korg Japans doorstep demanding answers.. or a refund if that was my keyboard..but thats me!!
He is either..
A) Independently Wealthy and has money to burn
B) Had a lobotomy and cant think clearly
c) Pissed off every Korg Dealer in Japan
D) Really believes he lives in the US
E) None of the above
ozy

Post by ozy »

Ahem...

Maybe: American citizen temporarily living in Japan, who wants his assets to be covered by US warranties/laws/contracts?

I say "maybe", just "maybe". Just hypothetical.

Of course a nice conspiracy theory is always more fun
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Yea he did but now it looks like he ran away agin .
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Uh... well, I would have been the first person to reply --

Except that I've been busy ignoring BOTH this forum AND the Kronos forum!!!

Sorry...

- Sammy
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

And in all fairness to me (and to the Clan) a lot of it has to do, for me, with the departure of Artemiy. I still like the format of this forum, and I love all of you, and I still love Art -- but it just feels like there is something missing without Artemiy being TheMan.

Anyway, I gave up on hardware synths a long time ago. I made the right choice for me. Yet, I would buy a Roland before I bought a Korg any day of the week, and I do still love my MA15-BK-D speakers. And I love playing my dad's Roland Grand (the 777 model, I think). So, I still have a stake in Roland, albeit less of one nowadays.

Take care.

- Sammy
RayS

Post by RayS »

Rocness wrote:
Yea he did but now it looks like he ran away agin .
Yep he is gone...Dan and Rich have tape over their mouths with NAMM just around the corner. Curious...so if Korg replace the keybeds in 73 and 88s..what happens to the people with the old-style keybeds that havent been replaced? Which keybed would you rather own? Member "EnjoyRC" just reported his keybed is now bad with note cut-off after 7 mos of working fine..
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Dan & Rich are busy with Korg's next new product. They have no comment because they aren't working on it.
Hanon_CTS

Post by Hanon_CTS »

HwyStar wrote:Are there no issues with your JP80?
Tell us what you know and be involved with your excellent keyboard!
Sorry, too busy playing!
Cheers, Hanon