Help me Understand .Why lock a thread in the Free Zone

Talk about anything here
Rocness

Re: Help me Understand .Why lock a thread in the Free Zone

Post by Rocness »

piaknowguy wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:Actually I think the thread was locked by mistake. Some one was mentioning the need to lock a thread at Korg Forums and I think piaknowguy thought he was asking to do it here. That's just what I think. Nevertheless I agree that OUR thread, even beeing at the Free Zone, really needed to be stopped. It became nothing but a "dumb and blind" converstation.

...also we could not let it grow as much as the DOES BEER thread ;-)

It's time had come. The topic stays locked! I would however encourage you to start a new topic with relevant posts.

Your humble servant,
PiaKnowGuy

Beer's on me! =)
So can you tell us what's relevant in the FREE ZONE and what is not ?
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Relevant to the original posted topic.

BTW. I see that you did some creative editing when quoting my original post. I've taken the liberty of including the missing portion in this post. ;-)

Actually, I am usually pretty good at making judgement calls, which is why I was asked to moderate this forum in the first place. However, I also realize that I am not beyond reproach, perhaps allowing my 'personal bent' to cloud my decision. I was somewhat tired of seeing this topic pop up, where the original poster's intent was to get JP80 users fired-up and excited about their keyboard, not to bash Korg and the Kronos or Roland and the JP80/Fantom G for that matter.

It's time had come. The topic stays locked! I would however encourage you to start a new topic with relevant posts.

Your humble servant,
PiaKnowGuy

Beer's on me! =)
RayS

Post by RayS »

piaknowguy wrote:[
Beer's on me! =)
OK Lets see.. Hmm!! I'll start with a chaser..then 2 on tap..2 shots and a 6 pack to go! :>)

Hey that could be a country music song " 2 shots and a 6 pack to go"
ozy

Post by ozy »

RayS wrote:Hey that could be a country music song " 2 shots and a 6 pack to go"
rings a bell...

Didn't somebody already write it?

Isn't that the Dolly Parton song about Joelle seducing away Dolly's loved one by means of the big fridge full of cans displayed on the porch of her trailer?

Something about "two doors", or the like:

I think I'll drink these useless cans
And get myself together
I think I'll wonder down the hall
And have a look around
'Cause I can't stay inside
This lonely room and cry forever
I think I really rather join 'em
Two door down, yeah
RayS

Post by RayS »

So then can I collect royalties?? I need the money
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

piaknowguy wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:Actually I think the thread was locked by mistake. Some one was mentioning the need to lock a thread at Korg Forums and I think piaknowguy thought he was asking to do it here. That's just what I think. Nevertheless I agree that OUR thread, even beeing at the Free Zone, really needed to be stopped. It became nothing but a "dumb and blind" converstation.

...also we could not let it grow as much as the DOES BEER thread ;-)
Actually, I am usually pretty good at making judgement calls, which is why I was asked to moderate this forum in the first place. However, I also realize that I am not beyond reproach, perhaps allowing my 'personal bent' to cloud my decision.
In other words , you where wrong for closing the thread because it was based off of your own personal feeling .
Ok no prob we all make mistakes .
piaknowguy wrote:It's time had come. The topic stays locked! I would however encourage you to start a new topic with relevant posts.
1. So even tho you closed the thread based off of your misunderstanding from Devnor's post and
2. you also admit your personal feels also contributed to the decision and
3. this thread is in the free zone , you still decide to leave the thread closed .
I wouldn't exactly call that a fair and balanced decision . I mean come on dude you looked a thread in the free zone just because we where having some fun but your the boss here .

So according to your quote above , if I start a new topic in the free zone called lets say " the rise and fall of the Kronos" , would this be a ok topic in the free zone as long as we stay on the subject and be respectful. I'm just asking .
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

In respect to Korg QC issue we were beating a dead horse. Been dead quite a while & I've been guilty of that too. IMO Roland Clan crossed the line when folks started second guessing the reactions of KF mods. Don't get me wrong I have no love for those folks...unlike our esteemed RC mods they don't add any value to that forum other than attempts to control the conversation & members.

Let it go. Let Korg get these boards fixed. When Lychee is happy with his Kronos then you'll know they finally fixed the damn thing. There is nobody else on KF I can trust to completely evaluate their fix. I have hope and in some really strange way I would still like to have a Kronos.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Thanks Devnor ,

I have spent thousands of dollars on Roland , Korg and maybe soon Yamaha , we all have in some way or another , poor Ozy maybe even spent Millions .

I was just hoping there was a place where people can talk freely about how they feel about each synth
with out fear and without threats of having your thread locked or being kicked out of a forum just for voicing your opinion. I wished the free zone could be that place .

Well, that is still my wish .
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Rocness.

I locked that particular thread because I felt it did not serve the purpose in which it was originally intended. You seem like the kind of guy who has a real chip on his shoulders. I've got a news flash for you. You are a guest in this forum and I am a moderator. I made a decision that I felt was in the best interest of our membership. You have a choice; you can either respect that decision, stop whining and contribute something worth reading, or you can leave. You decide.

End of discussion!
ozy

Post by ozy »

Rocness wrote:poor Ozy maybe even spent Millions .
No millions needed, not even thousands. Check my setup: one 2011 keyboard, one 2009, one 2008, one 2005, next one 2000 module, one 1998, and so on back to 1972 (Sem). Most gear bought used, 4 or 5 or 10 years late, and paid 1/3 of street price (Roland vp9000 for 250 bucks! I am having the fun of my life for the price of three pizzas and two movies in Milano)

Millions have nothing to do with it. Careful choice has.

this is why I support forums full of dispassionate, tough, bold and critical assesments of qualities AND defects of new gear.

But these jewels have to be found, buried deep among piles of verbal junk.

The harsher the debate, the better my purchases.

And frankly, no matter how much I am pissed off by them , trolls and fanboys are part of this game.

We need people who keep the chatter going, and forums would be dead without geeks wearing moog tee-shirts and dorks who smear them.

It's, like bacteria in the intestines: use too many antibiotics, and you get healthy... er... runs
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

ozy wrote: The harsher the debate, the better my purchases.

And frankly, no matter how much I am pissed off by them , trolls and fanboys are part of this game.

We need people who keep the chatter going, and forums would be dead without geeks wearing moog tee-shirts and dorks who smear them.
I think that's an awesome perspective Ozy ,

I wish Korg Forum shared in your view which they obviously do not because I was kick off of the forum yesterday despite not having posted there for weeks because I didn't want to become a scape goat for the censorship that I knew was coming , it all whent down this week and yesterday with multiply threads being locked and who know how many people kicked off .

I guess sharp must have been upset with my post here and gave me the boot.
Well Sharp , I wish you hadn't kicked me off of the Korg forum because I still could use some help with my Oasys but it's cool , I wish you all well . I know now that being a moderator is not a easy job .
I was just a defender of Oassy, thats it .

So no luv lost I'm thankful for all the great people I met there and great things that I leared .
I guess now I can focus on making music with my JP-80 and posting demos of it's awesome sound .
@ piaknowguy no prob from this point on I will be moving forward so thank you .
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Thanks! I hope that means that you will be sticking around!
ozy

Post by ozy »

Rocness wrote:I was kick off Korgforums yesterday despite not having posted there for weeks
you were kicked off for what you posted HERE.

Let's just say that Sharp browsing other forums in search for comments about his...

... is pathetic to say the least
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

piaknowguy wrote:Thanks! I hope that means that you will be sticking around!
Yea I would like to contribute something positive here . Maybe some demos .
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

ozy wrote:
Rocness wrote:I was kick off Korgforums yesterday despite not having posted there for weeks
you were kicked off for what you posted HERE.

Let's just say that Sharp browsing other forums in search for comments about his...

... is pathetic to say the least
Yes , I was quite shocked my self .