The Death of Roland Clan

Talk about anything here
crooner

Re: The Death of Roland Clan

Post by crooner »

Site is having spambot problems.

Don't know why people spam and try to hack sites.

What the hell do they want.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Rocness wrote:ROLAND CLAN LIVES !
I said it before and I'll say it agin .
ROLAND CLAN LIVES !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4_sGgt ... r_embedded
RayS

Post by RayS »

Rocness wrote:
Rocness wrote:ROLAND CLAN LIVES !
I said it before and I'll say it agin .
ROLAND CLAN LIVES !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT4_sGgt ... r_embedded

INCREDIBLE!! The voice sounds like the old 60s TV Show 'The Outer Limits""!! I wonder when?? Wow with this and the new Rack..Roland is definitely on top of the game!! They are making everything 2012 current!! I thought my D550 rack was safe.. NADA Guess not!! Ray
thunderkyss

Post by thunderkyss »

Say... I've just recently been hanging on the KVR forum & they have some things going on over there, that I think helps bring in traffic, if any of you are interested.

They've got this OSC thing, One Synth Challenge, where a bunch of them download a particular virtual synth & make a track with it. They all publish to a soundcloud group, vote & give out prizes.

It would take a big commitment for someone to get something like that started here. I'm sure some of you can think up a way to make it Roland centric, without having to go out & buy a new Roland synth every month.

Maybe come up with a sample set to use as the basis of the competition, or even presets that can be shared among several synths. You'd think you could do that with the XVs since they've been pretty well distributed, MC-505, MC-909, MC-80, FA-76, Fantom-S, Fantom-X, Fantom-G...

or something. Anyway, I figure it's kicking up the traffic over there & getting lots of manufacturers invovled. They've got people making preset packages for all kinds of stuff over there.

Anyway, just an idea.
Iceman777

Post by Iceman777 »

Great idea, Thunderkyss, and thank you for posting and keeping the place alive! It would be great to create competitions with the Roland's gear involved, share our music and ideas with each other, recording tips and tricks, share the presets and the things that inspire you. I believe that Roland's gear is unique and the sounds you can get out of it are also very special. I clearly remember the first time when I touched the hardware from Roland and the difference I could sense. It was alive, it was moving and inspiring. There is something that is "giving back" to you once you deal with the hardware gear and have all the knobs and sliders. As I was growing up, I always encountered this magical word "Roland" that always came along with the magical instruments and synthesizer based (and not only) music. I was asking myself if using that particular synthesizer would let me have _that_ sound and it did. The engineers and people at Roland were able to create something of it's own and I believe that we, as the owners, just have to do our best and show why we love and treasure our instruments so much and why we made the choice.

Thank you again for posting and I hope that this thread catches on! I understand that I am not that good as a musician, but I know that we all write and create from the heart and beauty is in the eye of the beholder... :)

-- Denis
thunderkyss

Post by thunderkyss »

Iceman777 wrote:Great idea, Thunderkyss, and thank you for posting and keeping the place alive! It would be great to create competitions with the Roland's gear involved, share our music and ideas with each other, recording tips and tricks, share the presets and the things that inspire you.

-- Denis

Agreed. I've got a Fantom-S, a Fantom-X8, an XV-5050, an Alpha Juno 1, an MV-8800, & an MC-303 (on the way). Soon as I learn how to play all this stuff, I'm in.