The Death of Roland Clan

Talk about anything here
canefire

The Death of Roland Clan

Post by canefire »

Looks like this site is winding down. Hardly any new posts in so many of the rooms. Is it the case that most really have given up on hardware?
This site is such a great resource.

Peace
Ian
howardS

Re: The Death of Roland Clan

Post by howardS »

I think part of the reason is that a lot of the topics have been exhausted. If you do appropriate searches you can find answers to many of the questions that I think the average user might want to ask. As a result there are a lot less questions being asked on specific gear. It also hasn't helped that so much spam has hit the site.
halo7

Post by halo7 »

Oh Where, Oh Where has my Artemiy gone, Oh where, Oh where can he be...
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

I suspect HowardS is right about the lack of 'new' problems with gear. And those threads that are for new gear (Jupiter 80) seem to have decended into pissing matches.

The spam problem hasn't helped, and we are trying to find a solution to it.

I'd hate to see this forum die. I bought my Fantom X-7 five years ago today, and I learned an awful lot from members on here who gave their time both helping newbies (like me) with answers to simple RTFM-type questions and with sharing their discoveries of how to push the instruments further than expected (like Lazyboy's RPS explorations).

If you want to discuss something, please do. I know it's frustrating when you post something and no one responds, but if you never post it, no one ever will. Ultimately, the forum is a community, so we're all responsible for the health and the content of it. I hope it lasts a long time yet.

Andy
scottrod

Post by scottrod »

I hope not. I'm new to the forum and looking forward to learning more and sharing what I know. I have quite a bit of knowledge to share I would think as I've repaired and modified a lot of Roland gear over the years.

The pissing matches do get old in a hurry though. Let's talk about something that truly matters like which is better, digital or analog.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Or how to clean out the coffee your post made me spit over my laptop, scottrod!
canefire

Post by canefire »

maybe there needs to be a repair and mod thread. I am hoping (because of the cyclical nature of things) that a resurgence of interest in hardware both new and old will cause this site to stay alive.
The VSplanet (for various roland digital recorders) is on its last legs. The Roland VS recorders are phenomenal machines and now they are really cheap. However people are on powerful computers and using software.
The Akai MPC Forum seems to be teeming with life. There are so many dedicated Akai users.
@scottrod maybe roland needs to make new analog gear. That might drive up interest.
Cheers,
Ian
howardS

Post by howardS »

Ian, members here have started many repair and mod threads that sparked some discussion but of course once the discussion ended that topic of course moved down the list of threads.

Howard
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

howardS wrote:Ian, members here have started many repair and mod threads that sparked some discussion but of course once the discussion ended that topic of course moved down the list of threads.

Howard
This forum has lots of very useful information spread along the various sections and threads.

Comparing to other "busier" forums, it is quieter yes ( thank God!) but the useful repository of info is still here.

If one compare forums by the number logged in users, and not by content and usefulness, IMHO they will read lots of rubbish and will have Difficulty finding useful stuff...
Of course if one likes to see discussions and fights all the time instead, for that I'll rather prefer a good movie...LOL
howardS

Post by howardS »

I agree 100%, PauloF.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

More people moving to software? Could be. Personally, I moved in the other direction. Got a beautiful Petrof grand and now spend most of my time with it. Sometimes I feel bad that the Fantom X sits in the same room with its cover on for weeks at a time. And of course, I'm now spending more time on Piano World Forum than Roland Clan.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

ROLAND CLAN LIVES !

cello wrote:Image
pbk

Post by pbk »

Me niet hablo Germano.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

pbk wrote:Me niet hablo Germano.
Translation from Roland Clan member Dany :

"The INTEGRA-7 offers the gigantic number of 6000 outstanding sounds in a single instrument.
With the expressive and fresh SuperNATURAL sounds, powerful classic synthesizer sounds and the essential sound of all 12 legendary SRX-Boards, the INTEGRA-7 combines the past, present and future of sound design.

The core of the INTEGRA-7 is its SuperNATURAL sound production with Behavior Modeling Technology...[blabla about SN]"

And it mentions the "Motional Surround Technology", which allows the placement of each sound in a 3d field with just two stereo channels...

So it seems to combine the whole Jupiter-80 sound engine plus all 12 SRX boards and "Motional Surround Technology" in a single module. I guess the whole tone structure might be somewhat different than on the JP-80...
pbk

Post by pbk »

Rocness wrote:So it seems to combine the whole Jupiter-80 sound engine plus all 12 SRX boards and "Motional Surround Technology" in a single module. I guess the whole tone structure might be somewhat different than on the JP-80...
<facepalmo>