V-Synth GT vs. JP-8000

Talk about anything here
keys3230

V-Synth GT vs. JP-8000

Post by keys3230 »

I own a V-synth GT 2.0 and am toying with the idea of selling it and picking up a JP-8000 or something less complicated. I am curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this idea. I'm going to be going to medical school and this means that I'm not a full time musician and I don't get crazy into sampling. This has been my first synth to date and I'm not sure I will really be able to further explore the GT to get the full utilization from it. Basically, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of the GTs' capabilities because of my lifestyle (i'm way to busy) and I'm hopin to find a synth with a more shallow learning curve. Any suggestions?
canefire

Re: V-Synth GT vs. JP-8000

Post by canefire »

just keep the v-synth and learn on it. It is a great synth. I learn how to do things all the time with mine. Once your brain is kicked in gear after some rigorous medical study go relax in front of the vsynth and watch the magic you start to create.
Cheers,
Ian
PauloF

Re: V-Synth GT vs. JP-8000

Post by PauloF »

canefire wrote:just keep the v-synth and learn on it. It is a great synth. I learn how to do things all the time with mine. Once your brain is kicked in gear after some rigorous medical study go relax in front of the vsynth and watch the magic you start to create.
Cheers,
Ian
This is a little late as an answer, but I fully agree with canefire, keep the V-Synth GT, as that is a superb machine and you will see that the learning curve is not so steep as you think. The GT is actually a very easy board to work with