Korg does it again , X You !

Talk about anything here
Rocness

Korg does it again , X You !

Post by Rocness »

Is this post ok to put here, I'm sorry but I have something to say ,
hopefully this being in the free zone makes it ok , if not then I apologies in advanced .

1st off we all Know that Korg has countless classic synths like the legendary M1 and Wavestation so we know the talent is there to return back to greatness but...

I can't believe that Korg screwed there customers agin .
I was trying to find a word to use besides screwed but noting else seemed to fit .

1st they screwed Oasys owners by charging $8000 and up for a so called open workstation that could be updated with all of Korg's future technologies as they were developed , making it somewhat future proof then dropping it in a few years to release the cheap version of the exact same keyboard the Kronos for cheaper and destroying the reseal value of the Oasys .Korg did eventually open all the software for Oasys for free which was nice but what if you bought them already . Korg should have at the very least updated the Oasys with the new electric piano EP-1 because thats what the Oasys was built for . They did offer Oasys owners a discount on a new Kronos which in almost less than a year is outdated by a new flagship .

Now here comes the shiny new Kronos in all it's glory, remember the game has been change marketing strategy , it turned out to have been one of the worst releases of all time with the countless waves of malfunctioning defects on the hard ware and software . The list of problems go on and on and on , far to many to list. Remember the whole PC DAW editor thing everybody was waiting on , for almost a year turned out to be a total joke .

But now , not to worry because in almost less than a year X is hear ! yea , hip hip horay !

Can someone please tell me how do you release a new flagship workstation in almost less than a year of the original ?

I'm convinced that the forum over there must be full of employee's and affiliates of Korg (read the signatures over there and you'll see ) .One guy over there said , hey , I just goy my Kronos maybe they should upgrade me to X specs for free and then he his immediately attacked with criticism and probably soon band if he keeps up with his common sense approach .

I don't know what situation there in finically and most likely some type of business decision was made to the better of the company but it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth of customers if you ask me but as always this is just my opinion .

In Korgs defense the Oasys is a marvelously crafted instrument from a time in Korg's history that is truly missed today . I suspect that something has changed drastically at Korg since the days of the mighty Oasys .

Peace

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... c&start=15
Devnor

Re: Korg does it again , X You !

Post by Devnor »

That upgrade sure fell flat. IMO it's hard to get excited about "new" sample libraries from Korg. This upgrade seems centered around beefing up the machine so the users will spring for more sounds at $249 a pop. Maybe this is useful to some players gigging Kronos but IMO my laptop handles sample libraries much more efficiently.

I'm guessing here but K-X is probably built with the same cheap PC components as the original board. Send in those warranty cards ASAP!
RayS

Post by RayS »

DUh.. Oh Wow..duh and good move to get around all the first Kronos issues and stick some unlucky soles with build issues... and that keybed! And next year look for a Kronos Z that will fix all the X Bugs.. .. I think I will make a few X decals and sell them....ya think!!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Rocness wrote:One guy over there said , hey , I just goy my Kronos maybe they should upgrade me to X specs for free and then he his immediately attacked with criticism and probably soon band if he keeps up with his common sense approach .
I told you they would ban him and they did !
After a Korg rep accused him of being a liar and then erase his own post but was caught in a quote by another poster .

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... f01938aec2
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

Well, it's really funny to see here the same three people who are insanely obsessed with Korg.
Congrats guys, I hope you enjoy the fruits of your psychotic behavior here were usually more intelligent posts come from a spammer than from you.
I personally have nothing against an analysis about what a company does, but when you intentionally spill out your hate on a company for no obvious reasons and at the same time you have no idea and no knowledge about a certain keyboard, you just look like an idiot.
But that's fine because it's the free zone here.

The Kronos X is the same old Kronos with just added more Ram and more SSD. Every "old" Kronos owner can do the same with his machine and upgrade it. It's not a new flagship workstation, it's a light update and it costs more than the "old" one.

Regarding the new os update, well you can really make a fool out from yourself here and diminish it's value and talk all that crap about what a laptop does better or not (in that case there is no reason to buy any keyboard any more), but it gives the user the ability to stream their own sample libraries from the SSD.
You really have to have the brain of a 4 years old jealous kindergarten child to say how it's done so that the user can spend more money on new sounds.
The gigging musician has now an access to a vast selfcreated library which is streamed and that means, faster loading times, much much much more sounds if you need them. The studio musician who makes sounds exclusively on the keyboard will enjoy it in the same way because now he can use much much more sounds.
If somebody want's to play live on a keyboard, he probably don't want to fiddle with a computer on stage. At least, a lot of people won't. If somebody wants to make music on a keyboard, why would he use a computer for the sample libraries. In that case he'd better make anything on the PC.

Guys, god (or whoever it was) didn't gave you a brain for esthetically reasons. Use it from time to time.
RayS

Post by RayS »

Rocness, yeah Sharp kisses Dans and Korgs arse any chance he gets.. He gets all those brownies!! He reminds me of some "want to be" some big Korg manager that enjoys firing employees! His behavior and attitude towards forum members changed about 6 mos ago when Korg bought him out.. He is the Big Shot on campus now..paranoid & reads his members private messages etc. How pitiful!
& Speaking of Trolls..
blowjokarma[no point]
[no point]
[no point]
[no point]
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Rocness wrote:
Rocness wrote:One guy over there said , hey , I just goy my Kronos maybe they should upgrade me to X specs for free and then he his immediately attacked with criticism and probably soon band if he keeps up with his common sense approach .
After a Korg rep accused him of being a liar and then erase his own post but was caught in a quote by another poster .

Rocness, do you happen to have a split personality? :)

P.S. See what I did here? I caught you in a quote of "another" poster !!!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Parsifal wrote:
Rocness wrote:

Rocness, do you happen to have a split personality? :)

P.S. See what I did here? I caught you in a quote of "another" poster !!!
HA Ha good one ! :)