New keyboard from Roland???

Talk about anything here
JunoJohn

Re: New keyboard from Roland???

Post by JunoJohn »

"T" would be for "Tonerzeugungs-Modul" which is German for sound module.
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

You're right, the word fits perfectly above the 'modulo de sonido'.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Well if its a Jp80/50 desktop module
its pretty much unexciting and should not be classed a NEW PRODUCT
just what already exits in yet another form..
Im sure well all find out before the week ends
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

i m expecting a arx 04 10Gb flash ram, with dedicated effect processors :) ... Bring it on
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Quinnx. wrote:Well if its a Jp80/50 desktop module
its pretty much unexciting and should not be classed a NEW PRODUCT
Why not? Putting a synth into a module form is innovation too. Not to mention that Jp80 is heavy / bulky and Jp50 has a less than stellar keybed.
People who already have a top-notch keyboard might not be interested in getting a Jp50 just for SuperNatural sounds.
Computer users already have a big screen and controls, they're only interested in getting the sounds.
Besides, as I already stated in a previous post, Roland is currently lacking in the professional module department, after retiring FX-Rack AND V-Synth XT.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Why is this topic Now pushed to the FREE ZONE?
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

Quinnx. wrote:Why is this topic Now pushed to the FREE ZONE?
Probably because the FG section is crowded with people wanting to know more about the FG...
I also fail to see why a topic with references to the FG has to be put into the small print of the forum.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

from a unknown source ...

"Hello,
I myself today the back of the current keyboards have looked, there stood an advertisement for the "Jupiter for rack", a device called Roland Integra-7.
It is gem. Display wealthier than 6,000 sounds and all 12 SRX boards are installed. "

Integra-7
You heard it hear 1st !
Peace
Dany

Post by Dany »

The source is known:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... CC4Q7gEwAg

And it has been confirmed by accident on the Roland Soundcloud website, where eight "Integra-7" Demo Tracks have been published and immediately deleted afterwards. But at the right bottom of the website under the title "More sets by Roland Corporation", you will still see the death link:"INTEGRA-7 Demo Songs":
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =firefox-a

So it's 99% confirmed, the new sound module will be called the "Integra-7", containing at least all 12 SRX Board sounds...

PS: The question is, if the information of the german person is reliable or just fake. The only confirmation is the deleted link by Roland, which finally only confirms the name "INTEGRA-7" and that it produces sounds...;)
Dany

Post by Dany »

Somebody posted a picture of the INTEGRA-7 advertisment (from the backside of the german magazin "Keyboards") on gearslutz and the german advertisment text says in english:

"The INTEGRA-7 offers the gigantic number of 6000 outstanding sounds in a single instrument.
With the expressive and fresh SuperNATURAL sounds, powerful classic synthesizer sounds and the essential sound of all 12 legendary SRX-Boards, the INTEGRA-7 combines the past, present and future of sound design.

The core of the INTEGRA-7 is its SuperNATURAL sound production with Behavior Modeling Technology...[blabla about SN]"

And it mentions the "Motional Surround Technology", which allows the placement of each sound in a 3d field with just two stereo channels...

So it seems to combine the whole Jupiter-80 sound engine plus all 12 SRX boards and "Motional Surround Technology" in a single module. I guess the whole tone structure might be somewhat different than on the JP-80...

I wonder what the price will be compared to the JP-80...
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Dany wrote:The source is known:

And it has been confirmed by accident on the Roland Soundcloud website, where eight "Integra-7" Demo Tracks have been published and immediately deleted afterwards. But at the right bottom of the website under the title "More sets by Roland Corporation", you will still see the death link:"INTEGRA-7 Demo Songs":

So it's 99% confirmed, the new sound module will be called the "Integra-7", containing at least all 12 SRX Board sounds...

PS: The question is, if the information of the german person is reliable or just fake. The only confirmation is the deleted link by Roland, which finally only confirms the name "INTEGRA-7" and that it produces sounds...;)
Like I said , you heard it from me 1st.
Integra-7 .
I'm the same source who showed the world the 1st pic of the Kronos on Korg forums .
Peace
Dany

Post by Dany »

Rocness wrote:
Dany wrote:The source is known:

Like I said , you heard it from me 1st.
Integra-7 .
I'm the same source who showed the world the 1st pic of the Kronos on Korg forums .
Peace
My appreciation and congratulations Rocness!
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

Dany wrote: My appreciation and congratulations Rocness!
Thanks Dany and Cello for your finds also , great work !

ROLAND CLAN LIVES !
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

Sounds like the name of a car, the Integra 7.
I'm not really in the market for a module, but this one should have a lot of great sounds under the hood.
However, I wonder about the price...

I've only bought two soundmodules in my entire life, the R8-M and the Proteus 2000, and while both sound good I hated working directly with these modules because of the horrific spartan interface.
The only way to get the most of a module is when you hook it up to an editor on a computer.
With the iPad things have changed a bit in the sense that the iPad can function as a mobile interface with the right app, but I'm still not inclined to get out and buy a module.

I'm afraid it will take more to pump some life into the RolandClan.