Uber Fanboy snobs among us

Talk about anything here
Synthtron

Uber Fanboy snobs among us

Post by Synthtron »

I am not trying to stir up anything here but what is up with the Uber Fanboys on some of the threads on Roland Clan? It is unpleasant. Users attack others for comments they do not agree with. I have been on the receiving end of this and read through the handful of folks' previous posts who are doing this and it is something they obviously get a kick out off. They have done it with other users of this Roland Clan. I myself have been called anal retentive, a purist, have low technical skills, should go to another forum, the list goes on. These people have made gross judgments about me based on a couple comments where I was critical of a Roland product coming from a my view point as a synthesist not just someone pressing presets.
What gives?
As a reader and participant of the Roland Clan forums and Moog forums (most of my synths are Roland, then Moog then I have one Yamaha a DX-7) anway, as a reader I like to read positive comments of praise and also comments of critisim and why people have their opinions. I do not care to read posts where the users attack others because they disagree with their opinion. That is not productive and hurts a forum by turning people off.
The Uber Fanboy snobs are among us and I am sure on all the other forums. Not good.
piaknowguy

Re: Uber Fanboy snobs among us

Post by piaknowguy »

Hmmm . . . I'm just not sure whether-or-not to allow a thread to continue where the topic title contains name-calling . . . Oh wait! I am sure! Locked.
V-CeeOh

Re: Uber Fanboy snobs among us

Post by V-CeeOh »

piaknow
I encourage you to keep on doing the moderating "we've" been doing here for so many years.
Unfortunately it has been impossible to me to come here and....well.. .help as much as I tryed to do before.
I've been hit but I'm not dead yet :-) So I hope to come here and find the good mood we always tryed to have here.
Best Regards