Anyone here into LEGO?!!!

Talk about anything here
piaknowguy

Anyone here into LEGO?!!!

Post by piaknowguy »

Just thought I would share a few pics of my recently acquired 10179 and it's new home! :)
I was thinking of wall-mounting it but am really liking it's placement in the corner of the room right next to the keyboards. Any thoughts?
This is a great-looking kit and an amazing build! With it's iconic theme and 5195 pieces, I can certainly understand why it is considered by many to be the 'Holy Grail' of the Lego world.

Can anyone here tell me more about it's development? Who was on the team that initially designed the UCS Falcon? With the 'buzz' generated by Disney's acquisition of 'Star Wars', what are your thoughts about some Lego Star Wars fans wanting Lego to re-issue another similar UCS Millennium Falcon, much like they are doing with the X-Wing, for example?

Cheers!
Tom_1970

Re: Anyone here into LEGO?!!!

Post by Tom_1970 »

Nice Collection!

I am into Lego, but not particular Star Wars, although I like the sets.
I do have quite a collection other space related Lego, such as the Lunar Module and some Lege city Space series.
I also like the Technik sets an have the Mindstorms NXT-2 set
I am eagerly awaiting the new Mindstorms set.

So yes......I am into Lego. ;-)
canefire

Post by canefire »

You are really into Star Wars...impressive, most impressive. lol

My son is into this stuff and I buy him these lego sets. He is looking forward to the day when a large death star to the proper scale will be available. Where he would put it I don't know. I see you have a death star. You lego folks are maniacs!

I am just glad he can sit in one place for a long time and work on something. That is a practice I can appreciate.
Cheers,
Ian
EDcase

Post by EDcase »

That's a very impressive model and studio Piaknowguy!!!

While I do like lego I prefer plastic models.
This is a photo of mine with a light behind and real lens flare. (Stand is covered with black velvet)
I added lights and some fibre-optics to the kit.

1920x1080 version can be downloaded here if you want.
http://sdrv.ms/1cS58N3

Its the Fine Molds kit 1/72 version (900 parts and some are REALLY tiny). Unfortunately its VERY hard to find now since it was discontinued around 2005.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

I received my Mindstorms EV3 set yesterday.
I can't wait to build and program some nice robots.
Vlad_77

Post by Vlad_77 »

Really cool!! I am more of a Star Trek fan, but, that Millenium Falcon is sweet.

LEGO is cool, however, I only have space for virtual LEGO and I love LEGO: Lord of the Rings. Hope that sort of counts? :)
dennis elbow

Post by dennis elbow »

it is too late for this one my son.lol
nice lego,but my eyes drifted towards the other toys,toys you got, nice, me thinks.ummm.lol
i bet you have fun in there.sweet.