The Sound Designer's Handbook

Talk about anything here
tnicoson

The Sound Designer's Handbook

Post by tnicoson »

The latest special issue of Computer Music from the UK just hit the news stands in the US. It is titled The Sound Designer's Handbook, and is exactly that - a handbook for those interested in breaking into or becoming more proficient in designing sounds - both synthesized and sampled. It is not cheap by magazine standards. It is more of a "bookazine" that goes for $18 in the US, but if you just laid out $600 or $1000+ for a new synth and are thinking about dabbling with sound design, it may be just the ticket for you. At least you may want to stop by your news stand when you have a few minutes and thumb through it. Most places don't charge much for that (yet, anyway).
Andy Keys

Re: The Sound Designer's Handbook

Post by Andy Keys »

Please don't post multiple copies of the same message in different forums.
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Sorry
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

No need to delete the post, just once is enough :) most people will check the 'unread posts' list when they visit the forum, so they will see what's new.
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

OK Andy

I was afraid it may have looked a little too much like spam. I just reposted it as there may be a few who are interested, and it does look like good info, especially for newbies. Haven't really begun to digest my own copy yet. I am a long-time, dyed-in-the-wool, preset user. Never felt like I had the time or patience or knowledge for sound design. Maybe this can help me over the hump.

I do have to admit that when I was making the multiple posts I was thinking there had to be a better way. Until now, I never even knew this section existed. I had never scrolled down this far on the Index Page.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

No problem, I tend to use the View Unread Posts' link: search.php?search_id=unreadposts