Goodbye, RolandClan

Talk about anything here
SammyJames

Goodbye, RolandClan

Post by SammyJames »

I was the second person to ever register for this forum. The first, really, after its creator enabled registrations. It has been over a decade since that day -- April 18, 2003 -- which was significant; two weeks later, I was hospitalized in preparation for surgery to repair a dissected descending aorta. A month after this date, I was in a medically-induced coma. It wasn't until September of that year that I was able to communicate once again with Art. He expressed great thanks to me that I wasn't dead.

I'm undergoing some major business transitions with my look, my sound, and my entire approach to making music. The only things that won't change are that a) yes, I'm still going to be male, and b) yes, I will continue using a computer as my sole means for producing synthesizer music.

(In other words -- I will not become a trans-sexual who creates music using nothing but analog modular synthesizers... what a silly idea anyway! Who in the world would ever want to do THAT ?!) (If you take offense to my cavalier commentary, realize that even the worst of times still beg for a bit of humor.) (Don't be offended. Your heart will be much freer if you learn to take a joke...)

Thank you for the last ten years of laughs, insights, and revelations about emerging synthesis technology. I wish you all the best. And don't forget to drink some green tea -- unless you, like I, take Warfarin. Seriously -- you might die from internal bleeding if you do this, so make sure that you are healthy before indulging in such beverages. And I'm talking about ACTUAL green tea -- other green products -- well -- your mileage may vary...

Lastly, I feel a tremendous weight in my soul with thoughts about Ukraine. It is a country that I have wanted to visit ever since I began a dialog with Artemiy. I suppose that I hoped that, maybe one day, I could go there to meet him and his family in-person. Maybe this will happen someday. I don't know.

Take care.

Sincerely,

James Middleton
previously known as Sammy James
Orlando, FL, USA
HaveIt

Re: Goodbye, RolandClan

Post by HaveIt »

Hi Sammy,

I've been around in a previous account enough to know your many posts, I even remember goldmember what'shisname being kicked out.

Best wishes to you, you're contributed so much for many years.
I will not become a trans-sexual who creates music using nothing but analog modular synthesizers
Pretty sure I know who you mean on another forum Haha

B
howardS

Post by howardS »

I will miss your posts here, Sammy. Be well, my friend.

Howard
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Sad to see you go, Sammy. Be happy.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Sad to see your participation and acid humor going. ;-)
I wish you all the best

Take care
Make music and be happy

PauloF
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Sorry to see you go, but always look forward, never back. We must assume the best is yet to come. Makes it a lot easier to get up each morning. Good luck to you, I've always enjoyed your posts.

Rodan
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Perhaps I missed something here...why does Sammy have to go?