IMPORTANT !!! Imperfect Samples

Talk about anything here
MairMarco

IMPORTANT !!! Imperfect Samples

Post by MairMarco »

Hey,
the last days I have watched some videos about imperfect samples. I love the sound of a lightly detuned upright piano standing in the living room or the sound of an old ebony concert grand.

Here are two examples of nice sounding grand pianos:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6AXEY_EPOc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SZuPsEcMxA

Here one example of an extremely detuned sounding broken upright piano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEa1D9JcCS0

I like these samples a lot. I have already tried to figure out all the characteristics of an imperfect piano:
You can ...
... lightly detune every single note depending on your preferences
... add some effects that let the sample sound like a vintage piano (LoFi Piano Sample #823)
... customize your SuperNatural piano (Hammer Noise, String Resonance, Tone Character, etc.)
... use Effect #10 (Speaker Simulation) in order to let it sound like the sound of a vintage speaker
... add one or several layer sounds that do already have a vintage character

I don't want to use the preset sample #823 (LoFi Piano). It is important to use the SuperNatural Concert Grand or Brilliant Grand (alternative the Antique Piano) or an Upright Piano sample.
You can give me some ideas to create pianos or grand pianos from a lightly detuned modern upright or grand piano over an ordinary piano standing in the living room to a very old neglected Honky Tonk. Watch the exaples given above to let you inspire.