Great New Music Product

Talk about anything here
Rusty

Great New Music Product

Post by Rusty »

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share my product with you, its the first product I've ever designed and i think its great, I've been testing them on my equipment for a month now and they work perfect,

Its called the Jack Cap and it is a small soft silicone tapered cap that slides into the 6.3mm jack inputs on your keyboard and creates a top protective cover preventing dust, sand, rain etc from making its way into your inputs,
Its also speeds up setting up time as i only use 2 of the 9 inputs on the back of the Nord Stage2 and 2 of the 12 on my Korg M3 so i leave these empty and cap the rest off, then i know without having to check which is the sustain input and which is the left mono input, voila, no more mistakes on dark stages when rushing to set up.

The caps push in gently and as they are tapered they form a tight fit so they don't fall out of the keyboards when im packing them back into their flight cases at the end of the night.

They are a no brainer for me, the Korg cost me £1,600 second hand and i bought the Nord Stage 2 brand new for £2.850. At these prices just spending a further couple of pounds makes perfect sense to me for the protection they offer,
Ive already had my equipment damaged from someone coming on stage during our set and spilling their pint.
The caps are for sale in packs of 6 for just £1.99 and £4.99 for a pack of 20.
Im currently offering free postage on both packs, thats £1.99 for 6 and ill pay the £1 postage and packing out of my own pocket, how generous is that.

I hope you think this is a good idea and would love it if you would buy some from me,
Ive already supplied a few music shops local to me in Yorkshire but you can buy them from eBay (search Jackcap) or direct from me by calling 01924 366555 or 07570 031233
My shop address is 31 Brook Street. Wakefield. West Yorkshire. WF1 1 QW.
For more images theres a Jack Cap page on Facebook.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (707.34 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
Devnor

Re: Great New Music Product

Post by Devnor »

That is a great idea!
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Thank you. I am glad you like them.
If you want to buy some that would be great.
I'll do a cheaper international postage that isn't recorded as well if anyone outside the UK wants any.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Great idea, man! I'll be in touch when pay day rolls around.

On the Nord Stage photo you've got a splitter going into the sustain pedal jack. What's that for? Are you using two pedals?

Andy
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hi Andy. Great to share the same stage as you a few weeks ago.
The splitter is for the sustain pedal. I just use one and it controls both keyboards.
From the pedal I go into one of the splitters outputs. The splitter input goes into the Nords sustain output.
Then I just use a short lead going from the splitters 2nd output into the Korg M3's input.
It worked with my Fantom too.
Everyone told me it wouldn't work, But it does. Bonus
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Yes, it was a great night. I hope we can do it again, but (understandably) everything is up in the air at the moment.

That is genius with the pedal! I'll have to try that and see if it works with the Stage EX and Fantom X :)
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hi Andy. Yes it is very sad news.
Me and the band are still in shock.

Let me know about the pedal buddy.

More news on the Jack cap front.
I have altered the eBay advert postage section
I now have much cheaper postage rates for Europe at just £2.99 and worldwide at £3.99.

I am looking at selling them on Amazon shortly too.
But for now if you want any then please call me direct or buy through eBay.
Thank you to the people who have bought some so far.
They should be with you shortly.
Regards. Brendan. 01924 366555
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I forgot to mention. Jack Cap is on Facebook.
That's my main page when lots more pictures and info can be found.
It would be great if all you Fellow Keyboard Players would join the Page and get it off the ground.
You're more than welcome to send in your rig pictures and ask any questions on there.
Many thanks. Brendan.
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Hello, Jack Caps will be Available in Black shortly, also XLR Caps in Black and Red Have been Designed and are now in Production,
They will also be available soon,
Many Thanks for your interest,
Heres a picture of my Korg from the Weekend,
I just put Jack Caps into the inputs i dont use, so when i get it out of its case its easy to see which inputs i do use as they stand out a mile

Image[/img]
addseo2015

Post by addseo2015 »

Glad to see your great posts.
this topic is so interesting.
I am new here. good to see.