Official Roland position on Windows 10 compatibility

Talk about anything here
PauloF

Official Roland position on Windows 10 compatibility

Post by PauloF »

Dear forum colleagues,

This is the official Roland position regarding Windows 10 compatibility with their products at this precise moment.

I think this could be helpful
nickster

Re: Official Roland position on Windows 10 compatibility

Post by nickster »

Those running a v synth gt 2 will be pleased to hear that using the win vista drivers will work as drivers for win 10. Just make sure you run the driver installation program in compatibility mode.
middle c

Post by middle c »

Received this today from Roland.

Roland is currently in the process of rolling out Windows 10 updates - here is a link to the official compatibility listing:
http://www.roland.com/support/support_news/250024
This page is updated directly by the engineering teams in Japan, so we expect the keyboard products (including the Fantom-G series) to be added shortly.

Best Regards,
Product Support
Roland Corp. U.S.
kday

Post by kday »

Roland sucks for not providing Windows 10 drivers for the VS-700 system considering all the money we paid.
Macska

Post by Macska »

kday wrote:Roland sucks for not providing Windows 10 drivers for the VS-700 system considering all the money we paid.
Yeah I just found this out today and I'm pretty upset about it. I bought my VS-700 2 years ago new from a store. Roland got my money, and I'm very happy with the product. Before purchasing it I even contacted Roland and Cakewalk asking if the products would have continued support to which the answer was yes. Trouble is, while I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 10 until I absolutely need to in a few years, it's inevitable- I'll have to change my system eventually to keep up. But to kill a product as expensive as this after only 6 years is an insult. Especially for something as simple as a driver update.

I'm normally very understanding and friendly, often I defend Roland when people complain here, but this is just pathetic of them. On top of that, there's still no official working driver for the Integra either.

I get it, I really do, we buy products for what they do at the time, not in the future. Driver support is such a simple and necessary thing that I can't believe it's even a problem we're discussing here!

On the plus side, I really do love the VS 700 and my current setup with mostly Roland products. The build quality and sound will never be taken away from these products I have. If I have to when the time comes, I'll buy a second computer to run future software on and route the audio and midi into the VS 700 on my old PC. I'm really hoping they'll at least open source the things that are being abandoned so that user communities can build fixes for them to work for years to come.

kday, I'm sure you've seen the number of threads appearing on the Cakewalk Hardware forums about this, I'm not very active there but if we can get everyone working together on a letter to Roland maybe we can make something happen. This is sad!
kday

Post by kday »

I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 10 either unless Roland upgrade the Win 10 drivers for VS700.
Maybe in a couple of years.

If they never upgrade to Windows 10, then I may only use the VS700 with Win 7 forever.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Macska wrote:
kday wrote:Roland sucks for not providing Windows 10 drivers for the VS-700 system considering all the money we paid.
Yeah I just found this out today and I'm pretty upset about it. I bought my VS-700 2 years ago new from a store. Roland got my money, and I'm very happy with the product. Before purchasing it I even contacted Roland and Cakewalk asking if the products would have continued support to which the answer was yes. Trouble is, while I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 10 until I absolutely need to in a few years, it's inevitable- I'll have to change my system eventually to keep up. But to kill a product as expensive as this after only 6 years is an insult. Especially for something as simple as a driver update.

I'm normally very understanding and friendly, often I defend Roland when people complain here, but this is just pathetic of them. On top of that, there's still no official working driver for the Integra either.

I get it, I really do, we buy products for what they do at the time, not in the future. Driver support is such a simple and necessary thing that I can't believe it's even a problem we're discussing here!

On the plus side, I really do love the VS 700 and my current setup with mostly Roland products. The build quality and sound will never be taken away from these products I have. If I have to when the time comes, I'll buy a second computer to run future software on and route the audio and midi into the VS 700 on my old PC. I'm really hoping they'll at least open source the things that are being abandoned so that user communities can build fixes for them to work for years to come.

kday, I'm sure you've seen the number of threads appearing on the Cakewalk Hardware forums about this, I'm not very active there but if we can get everyone working together on a letter to Roland maybe we can make something happen. This is sad!
Completely agree with what you say. I do have a similar issue with the UM-550 MIDI Patcher/interface which suddenly have no Windows 10 nor OSX 10.11 drivers from Roland, which makes it useless when used as a MIDI interface.

However there are some good news on the integra-7 front, as the drivers are now present in Windows 10