BREAKING ++ New Roland Sampler/Workstation @ NAMM Show 2016

Talk about anything here
klabuffke

BREAKING ++ New Roland Sampler/Workstation @ NAMM Show 2016

Post by klabuffke »

+++ URGENT +++ ALERT +++

Roland has a new 16 Pad sampler/workstation coming and the ACB modeling features I told you about is nothing compared to the other features they're talking about for this new hardware. Anyone who's impressed with their MPC's, Maschines and Push 2's are going to lose their minds when the NAMM presentation is made. What I did see was the video that is going to be shown at NAMM 2016 by Roland announcing the new product and probably later on YouTube like they did with their AIRA line of products.

source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11490769-post41.html

here´s more:
Roland will take sampling workstations to another level with their ACB technology.

Models include:

Emu SP-1200
Emu Emax
Emu Emax 2
Emu ESI-32
Emu ESI-4000
Korg SDD-2000
Akai MPC-60
Akai MPC-3000
Ensoniq Mirage
Ensoniq ASR-10
Ensoniq ASR-X
Sequential Circuits Studio 440
Yamaha SU700
Casio SK-1
Casio RZ-1
Casio FZ-1
Roland W-30
Roland SP-808
Roland SP-303
Roland SP-404
source: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11487511-post1.html

the new sampler/workstation groovebox will emulate all of the above 20 (!) samplers sound-wise!!!

the fa-06/08´s internal sampler is cool except for the lack of time stretch, bpm detect and multisample edit. there´s one dedicated sampler track within the fa´s 16-track sequencer. you can stream 4 stereo or 8 mono samples from the sd card simultaneously. the new groovebox will perform way better in these regards, that´s for sure.

gee, i´m so glad that roland – as one of the big three (japanese) manufacturers – is finally back in the game of grooveboxes. the os will be stable as a rock. akai staffer pete goodliffe is a good programmer, but to have only one guy for maintenance and debugging won´t do the job properly imo. roland´s team is way bigger and therefore their machines are more reliable imo. i really hope they implement fantom g´s super-easy phrase list into the new box. i´d buy it in a second.

first ableton with push 2 and now roland... boy, akai has to put more weight behind its flagship mpc efforts. they should set a target shipment date of early 2016 for the standalone machine w/windows embedded imo. but my guess is they´re all hiding in the panic room of the cumberland headquarters right now.
cello

Re: BREAKING ++ New Roland Sampler/Workstation @ NAMM Show 2

Post by cello »

I appreciate you've just joined the Clan so you're new here - a basic rule we have here is posts must be on topic; please do not 'spam' off-topic threads. It has taken me a good while to delete your 27 other messages to get a tidy Clan back!
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

Thanks Cello!

About this news.
I don't buy it at this moment.
I know nothing is impossible, but the idea that Roland emulates mostly other manufacturers instruments doesn't seem in line with Roland's philosophy.
Also, using ACB to emulate a load of sampler doesn't make sense to me too, certainly not at the moment Roland begins to emulate polyphonic instruments.
It also looks if someone is too eager too share this 'news'.

Of course, I could be totally wrong....it wouldn't be the first time. ;-)
cello

Post by cello »

Hi Tom_1970 - yes, it's causing a stir on GS forums but like you I'm not sure about it; doesn't make sense to me either.

Whilst it wouldn't surprise me that Roland is working on a fully fledged sampler/workstation (more Fantom than FA), I would think they would use their own 'stuff' (ACB, etc) and not other manufacturers.

If it's not the case then at least we'll both be wrong together!
klabuffke

Post by klabuffke »

you guys have no clue. stop writing bs. THE NEWS ARE 100 % REAL! guess what: kazuhiko gomi of roland usa just posted an old sp-1200 ad on the aira fb page!!!!! wake up, guys!

the new roland sampler will model the converters! some of the above drum machines are 12-bit or 8 bit. The SP-1200 and MPC 60 were both 12-bit samplers and it made drums sound huge cause of this. So roland is modeling those characters into there new drum machine sampler. first i found it odd they wouldn't include any of the S-series samplers either. As well as the Fairlight and Emulators. but it might be that the list posted is incomplete, legal issues, or they won't include all models initially so they can get some more money off you later on selling them like they did with the 7x7 kits for the tr-8.

the gearslutz insider named "the knoq" came thru with the mpc touch info first, so i reckon he's in the loop. his claim is merited. the man was correct about akai´s announcement and the product specs. I have no reason to disbelieve what the dude is saying regarding roland. so i hope all those dismissing what the guy has said will apologies if what he says turns out to be true. btw, "the knoq" seems to work for a *well known hip hop producer* (probably appearing in the first contact video). roland´s new sampler/workstation, to me, seems aimed, mainly, at hip hop people so it kinda makes sense the rumour comes from a hip hop dude. the first couple or aira products were aimed at electro people, the rumour then came from electro dudes.
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

No, still not buying it....sorry. ;-)

Whilst it wouldn't surprise me that Roland is working on a fully fledged sampler/workstation (more Fantom than FA), I would think they would use their own 'stuff' (ACB, etc) and not other manufacturers.
I do believe Roland is working on something 'bigger' than the Boutique range of products, at least, that's what I am hoping for. A nice workstation, build like a Jupiter-80 with the plugouts/boutiques you can load in several 'slots' with decent polyphony, multitimbral and enough controllers (like System-1/JD-XA).

If this news turn out to be true.
Well for me personally that wouldn't be too bad, because I can concentrate on the System-500
An emulated sampler is not interesting for me, so I can save the money for the interesting things.
ulricr

Post by ulricr »

Breaking news: no.

just System-500 Complete Set and Boutique A1
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

ulricr wrote:Breaking news: no.

just System-500 Complete Set and Boutique A1
Lol...
cello

Post by cello »

Haha - always thought this was a bizarre and utterly unlikely prediction!
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

This is why I'm happy with my JDXi and XP50 only.
JUKE179r

Post by JUKE179r »

It's another Roland MIDI Kazoo baby!!!! lol
Tom_1970

Post by Tom_1970 »

I didn't expect any spectacular from Roland this NAMM.

I hoped for a super ACB synth/workstation with Plugouts and decent polyphony, but I guessed it would be too soon.
I also hoped for some nice updates.
For instance a TR-8 expansion with 606 and CR78 kits would have been nice.
The Aira effect modules update is pretty impressive though.

Looking at the past 2 years I think Roland gave us some pretty nice gear.
TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, MX-1, System-1m, JD-Xi, JD-XA, Aira effect modules, System-500, Juno-DS and last but not least the Boutique line of instruments.....

I think they deserve a break. ;-)
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

klabuffke wrote:you guys have no clue. stop writing bs. THE NEWS ARE 100 % REAL! guess what: kazuhiko gomi of roland usa just posted an old sp-1200 ad on the aira fb page!!!!! wake up, guys!
Is that because they do Throwback Thursday pics???
CesarsoundOne

Post by CesarsoundOne »

well, at least they've released the 'EL Cajon EC-10' that uses ACB...lol

http://www.rolandus.com/products/el_cajon_ec-10/