Roland VR-09 question...

Talk about anything here
Robl

Roland VR-09 question...

Post by Robl »

Hey - hoping someone can answer a quick question. Just bought a VR-09 (and love it) and wondering about registrations. Are registrations supposed to save adjustments made to synth sounds in synth section that are made using the drawbars? (eg. attack, decay, etc.) I have tried several times to create a sound and save and when i then load the sound it different from what I save. Any feedback is appreciated!
Macska

Re: Roland VR-09 question...

Post by Macska »

http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pdf/VR09WS03.pdf

might read up on that, don't know if it has your answer.

If it's like the other synths they have using Registrations you'll want to save the patches at the TONE level or PATCH level or whatever is the smallest level on that thing. The Registrations are like a collection of layered TONE patches. Save your sounds as TONE and organize them into Registrations.
Robl

Re: Roland VR-09 question...

Post by Robl »

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense - luckily there are enough ways to customize that I don't have to do heavy editing of sounds yet. But that brings me to another issue. It has happened a few times, and only with the synths section. I set "poly syn 1" in a registration with a few effects and save. Then when i come back to it the sound for poly syn 1 is wrong!! It is saved in a registration layered with "brillclav db". If i highlight poly syn 1 and reselelect it with the wheel, it comes back in fine. Further to that, if i hit the saved registration number and it is the wrong sound, then go into the synth section (which is poly syn 1 by default) it is still wrong until i reselect. Strange and annoying for something that is so simple. Anything I may be doing wrong?