juno-106 noise

Talk about anything here
jaco

juno-106 noise

Post by jaco »

Hi!
I've got an old Juno 106.
I've serviced it, replacing a few keys and slider pots and a good cleaning(looks like this one got a few drinks from a previous owner) It seems to be working much better than when I got it but on some patches I'm getting a crackling, distortion sound and/or sounds like a very soft continues voice sustaining....(not sure how to explain it better)
Any idea on where this problem could be?
jaco

Re: juno-106 noise

Post by jaco »

Ok, it seems like it is more of a static noise....?
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Is the chorus function on when you hear the noise? The chorus function is noisy.
If not that it is possible one of the VCAs is bad and you could be getting a voice leaking through.
Or maybe a grounding issue if none of those. Hard to say without hearing it.
jaco

Post by jaco »

I'll check that out, tnx!
jaco

Post by jaco »

Ok, I've started her up with the key transpose button depressed to test the vca chips.
It sounds like, when pressing mid C 1,2,3,etc that all voices sound exactly the same( no dead,loud or soft voices happening) but still a constant static noise, like a dirty vinyl or bad radio reception and I have noticed that when playing notes up the scale, the constant soft voice behind the noise goes up an octave every 6th note or so....
jaco

Post by jaco »

I've gone through that test procedure again and found "2"to be a problem (soft sound) so that would be the left chip of the right group of 3?