Talk about anything here
Saxifraga

Re: Roland 909 day new products

Post by Saxifraga »

A V 2.0 Fantom G OS? ;)
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

knolan wrote:.. and USB drivers non-compliant so I'd worry about loading plugouts once Roland drops driver support.
Yep. That's a major problem with Roland. They drop a product like a hot potato after a very short lifespan.
len73

Post by len73 »

No new synth masterpiece then... Bit disappointed.

New Drumset (TD-50) seems quite cool ! Nice suprise on that one...
richardbates1

Post by richardbates1 »

The System 8 really looks interesting and it comes loaded with the Jupiter 8 and Juno 106 plug-ins, so it has 3 different synth engines according to which synth engine you choose.
After hearing some of the sounds from the System 8, I think I will be selling my JP08'S and buy-in the System 8, (it comes with the Jupiter 8 and the Juno 106) for me that's a selling point.

I love the JP08's but I really don't like the way the poly chains work with the 2 together it didn't feel like a real poly 8 with strange note stealing, with the System 8 I think it should work better with the 8 voices on one synth???

The System 8 synth engine sounds really good also.
You can also split the keyboard where that can't be done on the JP08.

Just thinking out loud but time to sell the JP-08's and upgrade to the System 8?
cello

Post by cello »

Well, it's all too much to resist.

That's put in my order for a System-8 and a VP-03.

Means I will be selling my JP-08, JU-06, System-1 (due to duplication) and also one of my JD-XAs (cos I don't use the 2nd one much)

So if anyone is interested in any of the above, PM me :)
nickster

Post by nickster »

I think it might be wise to hold back on selling the System -1 for a little while as Roland have not yet confirmed that these plug-outs will port over to the System 8.
Like you I'm interested in getting the System 8 but the looks and number of keys really dampen my lust for it. Esp as the JD-XA covers the Jupiter 8 territory in much the same way. And note stealing aside I really like my JP-08s. Probably will hold out for a desktop version.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

len73 wrote:No new synth masterpiece then... Bit disappointed.

New Drumset (TD-50) seems quite cool ! Nice suprise on that one...
System-8 seems appealing to me, a good opportunity to have an ACB 8 voice Synth with the addition of up to three Plug-out synths, including two that I always wanted but never could buy...

1499 EUR, ships in November

Cool