Will pay good money for new mc909 velocity pads!!

Talk about anything here
lovjc7

Will pay good money for new mc909 velocity pads!!

Post by lovjc7 »

It seems that Roland has discontinued availability of the velocity pads for the mc909. I'm willing to pay good money to anyone that can track some of these down for me...I've tried and failed already...thanks! Eric
ZipSnipe

Re: Will pay good money for new mc909 velocity pads!!

Post by ZipSnipe »

Hopefully Roland will answer my email on purchasing the entire remaining lot of Velocity pads if any are left, I also inquired on purchasing the mold that was used to make them. I have friends in the plastics mold injection business if I can get the mold , they would produce it.They however won't be cheap and I know its an investment that by the time it breaks even I will probably be dead
lovjc7

Post by lovjc7 »

Please let me know if you get your hands on any from Roland and I will pay you well for a set or 3 lol. Same goes if your friends are able to reproduce them...thanks!
lovjc7

Re: Will pay good money for new mc909 velocity pads!

Post by lovjc7 »

Do you happen to know what the black materiel is that Roland used on the bottom side of the velocity pads?
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

Hey I just want ya to know I ended up this the writer pen http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.174/.f

Works perfect now from completely dead . However, it is tedious and not that easy, I had to like stiple it on and the area needs to be cleaned with like Goof Off or acetone. I cleaned the circuit board side really good too
lovjc7

Post by lovjc7 »

Nice!! Your pads trigger well after cleaning and applying that circuitwriter chemical? How about when using the pads with touch velocity sensitivity?...works good??
ZipSnipe

Post by ZipSnipe »

If you think about it, they used carbon on the pads this is bad period because as you bang on the pads the carbon breaks loose and covers the circuit board. Thus we lose contact and no sound. With this liquid silver which is a better conductor it is glued to the pads and when dry is basically a coat of silver metal verses carbon powder. Yes the velocity works perfect. Its a shame they just didn't coat them with silver to begin with.