UPdates in Windows10

Talk about anything here
RSakko

UPdates in Windows10

Post by RSakko »

Hi guys,

When I want or need to update my Aira equipment, Sampler and Keyboard we only get Windows7 or Windows 8 supported updates.
Trust me when I say I Win 10 does not support the W8 updates.

This means I need to borrow a computer from someone who has Windows 8. At home we have 4 computers all W10

When does a huge company like Roland is going to start with Windows 10 support.
You are walking way behind!

Help me please ...
Noemata

Re: UPdates in Windows10

Post by Noemata »

Roland's support for Windows 10 is exceptional. Provided you are connected to the Internet, the latest driver is automatically pushed onto your PC as soon as you plug one of the recent Roland products into a USB port.

Even slightly older products like the Integra-7 have a shiny new native Windows 10 driver.

You can also manually download and install the Windows 10 driver if you are not able to connect to the Internet for some reason.

The Aira line in particular, has very stable, high performance drivers that are as good as anything else out there.

Sometimes, connecting through an older USB hub can be a problem. Sometimes the USB port of an older PC can be a problem also. All the newer PCs/laptops I have tried work flawlessly with Windows 10 and newer Roland gear. Even USB 3.0 ports on recent Dell/HP/Lenovo/Asus/etc. models work correctly.