Activation Issue With Roland Softsynths MAC

Talk about anything here
gmaxim

Activation Issue With Roland Softsynths MAC

Post by gmaxim »

Hello.
I am new to the forum. I have an activation issue with the Plug Outs offered via the Roland website. I purchased the following:- SH-101: PG-SH101
- SYSTEM-1: PG-SYTEM1
- SYSTEM-100: PG-SYS100
- PROMARS: PG-PRMRS
They all install fine but when I go to options and hit the activation button, nothing happens. I have received the following email from Roland Japan:Thank you very much for purchasing our products.

If you are now trying to use them on Mac, may we ask you to try re-installing the latest version and activating it after deleting the following files?

Files to be deleted:
- /Library/Application Support/Roland/Activator/FldData.xml
- ~/Library/Preferences/jp.co.roland.activator.[Product Name].plist
- /Library/Application Support/Roland/Activator/[Product Name]/[Product Name].xml

And would you please re-install using the latest installer.
You are able to get the latest versions of installer from "history/download" of Roland Account Service.
https://account.roland.com

The problem I am having is that none of these files exist on my computer. I am currently on hold with Roland US (I have been on hold for the past hour).

I am hoping that one of the forum members would know what to do. Any information someone could provide to me would be much appreciated as I have been dealing with this for the past 48 hours.

I am running Cubase 8.5 & Ableton Live 9 on a Macbook with OS X 10.11

Thank you.
rsaintjohn

Re: Activation Issue With Roland Softsynths MAC

Post by rsaintjohn »

gmaxim wrote: ...
Files to be deleted:
- /Library/Application Support/Roland/Activator/FldData.xml
- ~/Library/Preferences/jp.co.roland.activator.[Product Name].plist
- /Library/Application Support/Roland/Activator/[Product Name]/[Product Name].xml

The problem I am having is that none of these files exist on my computer
Are you certain you're looking in the correct "Library" directory for the first and third files? I have those files, and they're in

Macintosh HD/Library/....

Link: How to find Library folder on Mac

If you're looking in Macintosh HD/Users/(Username)/Library/... , they're not going to be there.

The second one, the plist files, they should be in Macintosh HD/Users/(Username)/Library/Preferences/..

If you're not finding these files, then they probably did not install correctly as you think they did. Were you prompted about installing a downloaded file from unidentified developer, and did you make the necessary changes in Mac Security & Privacy to install?