Cannot install driver for RC-300

Talk about anything here
dfkettle

Cannot install driver for RC-300

Post by dfkettle »

Hi!

I'm not sure which forum the RC-300 belongs in, so I'm posting my question here. I was able to install the driver for the Boss RC-300 on my laptop running Windows 8.1, but when I tried to install it (the Windows 7 driver, that is) on my desktop under Windows 7, I got an error. I tried both methods, using the setup program and installing the driver manually, but neither method worked. When I ran the setup program, it reported a bunch of missing files. When I tried to install it manually, it reported an error, but no specific details on the cause of the error.

Is anyone using the RC-300 with Windows 7?

BTW, isn't there an official support forum for Roland products? All I could find on their web site is a link to their Facebook and Twitter accounts, which is next to useless as far as support is concerned.

Thanks.
dfkettle

Re: Cannot install driver for RC-300

Post by dfkettle »

Never mind, I found the problem. When I unzipped the file containing the driver, bloody f*ing Norton decided that some of the files were unsafe and removed them before I tried to run the install. I unzipped the files again and made sure that bloody f*ing Norton didn't remove them this time, and everything was fine.