keyboard rig with VR-730

Talk about anything here
rvdh190

keyboard rig with VR-730

Post by rvdh190 »

Hello,
I play in a heavy bluesrock combo with also few smoking covers from Deep Purple, Leslie West, etc.
I have played quite a few different keyboard in the past decade. NE3, Kurzweil Forte 7, Roland FA-06, Korg KingKorg, Waldorf Blofeld, Hammond XK-1c.
My current rig is VR-730 and Hammond XK-1c, both played through KC990.
When choosing a keyboard I look at the following 3 priorities: sound quality, key action, and weight. The VR-730 scores extremely well in all of these. With the customizable leslie settings, this is a great board that can even replace my Hammond XK-1con very tight stages.
I am currently looking at expanding my rig with a synth (pads and leads mainly). I honestly am at a loss which to choose when I look at the Gaia SH-01, the System 8 or the JD-XA (JD-XI is out of the question because of minikeys) or even the FA-06 (I had one, sold it because its key action made it useless for me to play piano, but I loved the sounds and interface. The key action is suited for synth sounds). I am more a preset tweaker than a sound designer, though I love to tweak around.
Any experence that might be helpful?
sophiaedward64

Re: keyboard rig with VR-730

Post by sophiaedward64 »

No dear I dont have any experience about it..