Namm 2019

Talk about anything here
Fourfiftyfour

Re: Namm 2019

Post by Fourfiftyfour »

I've been awaiting to see what Korg and Roland were going to put out so far nothing of importance as far as pro gear goes. Seems like the the entry and fly by night market is what the big brands are going for this time around. Volca's and starter keyboards. I know Roland discontinued the Jupiter 8 boutique module and dropped the price on the SE-02 so I'm assuming that the boutique line is dead to them. I was looking forward to a new boutique perhaps another SE Electronics mashup but seems unlikely.

Behringer is making bank off of clones of Roland Products and Roland just seems to shrug. This company really isn't what it used to be.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Winter namm never been good for synths. Look to Messe or summer namm.
udream

Post by udream »

By far, the worst NAMM I ever attended! Moog Music, Inc. wasn't there. Even Behringer wasn't there. Korg and Roland had nothing of significance to display. I asked several Roland reps what's their answer to the "Moog One"? They had nothing to say. I suggested that they follow Moog's lead and make an updated Jupiter 8 look-alike, (with 16 voice option), and get away from that ugly green scheme of the System 8. Can't have a flagship synth without at least 61 keys with velocity and aftertouch!
I wasn't impressed by the Korg Prologue.
The only bright spot for me was DSI in a small quiet private room away from the noisy main floor. I spent time with Dave Smith who gave me a tour of his Prophet XL--(76 key version). By far, it was the best sounding synth at the show. (Better than the Waldorf Quantum at the Korg booth).
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Boss Waza amp box was the standout from Roland this year. If you play guitar and use tube amps, the waza is a game changer.