Suggestion for Addition to User Profile

Talk about anything here
Red Winger

Suggestion for Addition to User Profile

Post by Red Winger »

Just in case this thought gets buried in the midst of another thread (in which it was previously included), I'm repeating it here in a new thread. This is based on a couple of users queries as to who here owns a Fantom-S vs. a Fantom-S88:

Hey artemio,

Is there any to put a slot up on our registration profiles for us to enter whether we own a Fantom-S, a Fantom-S88 or neither? That way, you could collect statistics on the percentage of forum users that own a Fantom-S, Fantom-S88 or neither. People could then go to their profiles and edit the field to reflect their current status.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
RW
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for Addition to User Profile

Post by Artemiy »

Hmmmm... that might be a good idea.

BUT - to reduce the hassle that I currently have (*) - people can include this information in the "about" field. Actually, I thought this field to be used for this purpose a long time ago.

* I'm currently re-writing many, many and many forum parts in order to make it's interface multilingual. And this takes lots, lots and lots of time :-)

Artemio.
Red Winger

Re: Suggestion for Addition to User Profile

Post by Red Winger »

Artemio,

Hey that's fine. I'm not trying to create more work for you. I know nothing about web site creation, so I have no idea how hard or time consuming anything I suggest might be. I'll be one of the first to put list my S88 in my "about" field, as you suggest.

Cheers,
RW