Keyboard case manufacturers

Talk about anything here
Elias

Keyboard case manufacturers

Post by Elias »

Hey!
I play keyboards like many of you probably do as well. Now and then I have some gigs I will need to transport my boards in a trailer or car full of speakers and other gear. I live in Finland so gigs are here and there allover the place. I have a Juno-DS61 and I will upgrade soon and I need a heavy duty case for my future keyboard. I'm ready to pay a bit more and carry a heavy case if it means I don't compromise in durability.

I have a Gator 61 key case and I'm really not happy with the quality of it. The hinges are so weak that if its open on an even slightly tilted surface, the top doesn't go where its supposed to when I close it.

Which case manufacturer do I go for? There probably isn't one right answer but let my know what you think. I'm ready to pay anything up to 200€/$ and weight is not an issue.

Many thanks.
gemmetje.

Re: Keyboard case manufacturers

Post by gemmetje. »

I hope you already got one, but if you don't: I'm really satisfied with the Thon cases from Thomann.
Those are really affordable with good hardware on it. They've got quite a hard life with me, but still going strong. I use one for a Korg TR76 for more than 10 years and for a FA-07 for 2 years and absolutely no complaints from here.