Emotional Technology

Talk about anything here
phunkeyz

Emotional Technology

Post by phunkeyz »

I'm not sure if there are any electronica heads in this group(there probabaly are) but, for those who are, you have got to check out BT's Emotional Technology CD(new). This work of art really raises the bar when it come to music production. This guy is truly "the mad professor". geez... just when you think it's all been done here comes some S@#!! like this...

Thom

http://www.mp3.com/thomadams
FatBoyJim

Re: Emotional Technology

Post by FatBoyJim »

I am not familiar with BT’s latest efforts but I will have to agree with you about how he seems to raise the bar. I don’t doubt that he still is doing so but what I have from him dating back to somewhere around 1994 does this as well. Very well thought out songs that are rather deep but not too deep.
In the last 2 or 3 years the electronic dance community has been upset with BT because they feel that he “sold out” if you will. He started working with more mainstream pop groups such as Nsync (don’t know if that is spelled correctly but I think you know the boy band I am talking about), which unfortunately means that an artist from the electronic world is now a sell out. What is evident in all of the songs that I have heard from him including the Nsync stuff is that he is a perfectionist. He is very good indeed. Thanks for the information.
Jonathan made a post a month or two ago about a sample CD that BT did recently and how good it was as well.

You the man, Artemio!
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Yeah, that's the same complaint you get about Moby and pretty much anyone else that struggles along for years doing great, but not hugely popular, stuff. It's like, just because somebody finally makes big money on their music, it must suddenly be crap. I think it's hard to make that argument hold water, though, when you listen to Play (the one he "sold out" on) and it's follow-up 18. That is just terrific stuff (IMO, of course).

Thanks for the note, phunkeyz. I'll check it out.

Cheers,
RW
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

It blows me away that people have the nerve to call people like this a "sellout".

Um............I guess the real people are buying their stuff...........
MK

Post by MK »

I purchased the Emotional Technology CD yesterday. The Borders checkout counter had a small stack of these CDs. There are several good songs on Emotional Technology. A particularly good one is the fourth track. Numerous sounds were masterfully integrated into songs. Everything is perfectly sampled and sequenced. Some phrases sound like classic analog.

Do any of you know what BT uses for production? I suppose his studio changes over time as new products are introduced. The only photos I have seen of his concerts show him using a laptop.
slargthorb

Post by slargthorb »

MK,
Keyboard mag featured him on the cover in their nov. '01 issue. Also has an extensive interview inside of course. I'm not that up on his stuff but next time I'm at the store I'll be sure to give it a listen.