Thank you to the Admins and User contributions.

Talk about anything here
WheelieBear

Thank you to the Admins and User contributions.

Post by WheelieBear »

Being a new user, I've owned a brand new FA-06 Workstation for just short of 1 month. Bought to use with and without my DAW (Cubase 11 Pro).
I've found this forum to be invaluable.

I was so lost when the site went down with the phpBB issue.
Thank you for rectifying this. Keep up the amazing work and for providing this forum.
GMayle

Re: Thank you to the Admins and User contributions.

Post by GMayle »

I've got an FA-06, it's a workstation, but it's actually a pretty good VA synth as well. Compared to the Fantom 6, the FA-06 is now fairly inexpensive. One trick for the drums on the FA-06, is to use an external drum machine (set on MIDI channel 10) as a sequencer for the drums. The drum sounds and kits are really good on the FA-06, the onboard drum machine is ok for basic beats, but using an external drum machine to trigger and record the sounds can make it a lot easier for complicated stuff. You have to work out which sounds on the FA-06 are triggered by the MIDI on your drum machine. I found that if you make half a dozen custom FA06 drumkits, with the sounds corresponding to your drum machine, you can do a 10 minute drum track live in er....10 minutes! You can alter any errors afterwards. It's a much quicker way to do a complex drum track. Have fun with it!
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Thanks for your support, WheelieBear. We do what we can to keep things ticking over here. :)
Maumajamma

Post by Maumajamma »

Ditto! I haven’t much experience with forums and I’ve been looking around. :) If I posted my topic in the free zone, when it should perhaps be in the vintage instrument zone, should I pull it down and repost in the proper topic area? I would like the ‘right’ people to see it. And/or if I wish to share my post within the forum, do I just copy and paste the link in a comment post? I don’t see a ‘share post’ option anywhere. TIA!
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Hi Maumajamma, if the mods spot a post is in the wrong place we'll usually move it to the appropriate place for you, so there's no need for you to delete it and re-post. If you spot something else that's wrong, feel free to PM one of the mods (you can spot us as our names are in red on all our posts).

If a question has been answered on another thread you can post a link to another thread, or even a specific response on a thread. Just right-click on the thread title or the post title and select "copy link" or whatever your browser calls it. You can then post that within [ u r l ] address[ / u r l ] tags (but lose the spaces), or if it's really long, you can use [ u r l = www.google.com] my link text [ / u r l ]. If you want to quote someone's response, click the speech mark button in the post you want to reply to.
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

Hey everyone, thanks for your continued reporting of spam posts. We try to get them cleared out as soon as we can, and I know we've had quite a lot lately. Keep reporting 'em and we'll keep zapping 'em.

Cheers,
Andy
Miks

Post by Miks »

Hey everyone, thanks for your continued reporting of spam posts. We try to get them cleared out as soon as we can, and I know we've had quite a lot lately. Keep reporting 'em and we'll keep zapping 'em.
Will do! I hate to see spam all over the place - regardless of the forums. Due being a mod myself on yamahamusicians.com I know how to deal with those pratts...

Best,
Miks
Miks

Damn' SPAMMERS!

Post by Miks »

Why is it seemingly so easy to flood the rolandclan forum with all that fuckin' illegal crap? Sorry, but I don't get it!

Does there exist no filter to check for certain buzzwords on incoming posts?

Man, I'm really upset...
mostinif

Re: Damn' SPAMMERS!

Post by mostinif »

Hi Miks
Miks wrote: 11:57, 20 February 2022 Why is it seemingly so easy to flood the rolandclan forum with all that fuckin' illegal crap? Sorry, but I don't get it!

Does there exist no filter to check for certain buzzwords on incoming posts?

Man, I'm really upset...
It is all a matter of admin time: phpBB, the software platform this forums runs, allows implements post features like word censors and many others methods to maintain "clean" the forum. But requieres a lot of efford to customize filters, with always the feeling going back at the spammers...

https://www.phpbb.com/about/features/#censor

As a "free" forum, administrators does the best efford to keep as good as they can. Maybe Roland could sponsor this site and help in resources to enhace this issue.

Best regards,
Flavio
Orbit-50

Post by Orbit-50 »

I wish I could delete that garbage myself! This world is filled with a bunch of losers. It's good to see the administrators on top of it though. Thank you!