Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Talk about anything here
Tony Clifton

Re: Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Post by Tony Clifton »

Red Winger,
My mother was thought to have breast cancer but it has been determined today that it is only a bad infection and calcium deposits!
What a relief but she is in the hospital for the weekend and hopefully will start feeling better soon.
We have had a heck of a time scheduling for RECHECKS on her mamograms and sonograms.
And she really got rundown more by dread and worry(are you listening FBJ?)
Insurance hassels delayed rescheduling and her primary care Doctor went to Italy for 3 weeks etc.:(
So my wife and I are happy to get some GOOD news this afternoon but also exhausted.
With the mystery and concern surrounding Artemio I hope he and his family get some GOOD news soon too!
When FBJim started sounding gloomy about the Fantom-S versus new ES etc. I chalked it up to WORRY especially over Artemio right now
Perspective is sobering isn't it?
Appreciate your concern about my family.
Mom will be fine as we left her for a few hours to feed our cats and she was watching Oprah and laughing with her sister in her hospital room.
Now let's get Artemio well!

Peace,
Tony :D
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

TC--

That's GREAT news! Glad to hear that it was a false alarm, although infections are nothing to mess around with either. I'll keep thinking good thoughts. Now you guys, get some rest!

"Now let's get Artemio well!"

Amen!

Cheers,
RW
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

That is great news! Yes, I am listening! Yes, I am freaking out about Artemio! Last night was my third sleepless night. I do think that I am over everything else in my Fantom-S world except for my worry about Artemio. I have mixed thoughts going through my head about what he must be going through. At his age he should not have to worry about his health. When I was his age I did not have health insurance and sure got lucky that I never needed it, especially with the way I lived my life around that time. Now I know what my grandfather went through when I ignored his advice to get health insurance. Unfortuately for my grandfather he knew that I did not have health insurance. For all I know about Artemio's situation he could be fully covered? Not knowing what is going on with him is very hard, as we all know. Thinking that if I can wait till next Friday before I call his phone number that the news can’t be good because by that time it will almost be 2 weeks that he has been missing in action. If that phone call has to be made it might just be the worse phone call I have ever made.
Funny thing is that some rather serious things happened with me this week and I am sure that they are bothering me as well but I have just found it easier to forget about them. They are nothing life or death so I just look at it like life goes on. Fortunately my wife is not planning on leaving me and that is not one of my problems. Heck, ever since I found this forum she probably couldn’t be happier because she does not have to put up with me anymore. I guess that means that you all got the short end of the stick. Take Care!

You the man, Artemio!
Tony Clifton

Post by Tony Clifton »

Jim,

Just hope you take a deep breath and don't worry yourself into your own health problems.
Sort of think about changing the things you can change and NOT KNOWING is often worse than what ails you IMHO.
Our humaness is showing these days!
So I hope Artemio or his wife bring us some GOOD news soon!
But now is when serenity is useful.
The SERENITY Prayer comes to mind.
You are doing a great job subbing for Artemio until he gets back on his feet in overseeing the FORUM.
Artemio GET WELL SOON!

Serenity to you,
Tony the aging HIPPIE