Anyone know where you can get a Boss BR900-CD repaired?

Talk about anything here
willierembis

Anyone know where you can get a Boss BR900-CD repaired?

Post by willierembis »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently acquired a Boss BR900-CD digital recorder. Seems to work as far as the software goes. The problem seems to be with the buttons on it. At least 5 of them are stuck in such a way that they can't be pushed in or pop up. They don't move at all, they are stuck! Also, the record button doesn't work. It does push in, but then nothing happens, no red light, no recording. I contacted Roland, but they said that they no longer service this model. I live over 100 miles from the nearest authorized Roland service center and when I called them they said that they no longer service this model either. Has anyone ever had this problem or attempted a DIY fix on one of these? Or, does anyone know of some place that does work on these? Please help! Thanks!
ZipSnipe

Re: Anyone know where you can get a Boss BR900-CD repaired?

Post by ZipSnipe »

I fix my own gear all the time, buttons fortunately are easy to replace. I would watch a video on how to solder and order the parts from https://www.digikey.com/, the buttons are called tactile buttons, I repaired my mc 909 and sp 808 buttons , the newer buttons have a longer life span(cuz Roland used the cheapest). Sorry I am trying to find a link to the exact correct buttons but if you search through Digikey which is not easy but I think I remember the button height being no more than 5mm and pay attention to how many legs the button has after you open it up. Good luck
willierembis

Post by willierembis »

OK, thanks. That's what I was thinking about doing anyway. Still a little worried about that record button though because it does push in, but nothing happens. Maybe open it up and see if I can get it to record that way?
willierembis

Post by willierembis »

I opened up the unit and found that the pots that the buttons push are corroded. Can this be repaired?
arp70blue

Post by arp70blue »

Yes, this can be repaired. Get replacement tact buttons either 2 pin or 4 pin. I think they are 5mm but you will tye actual Suze searching Biss BR900CD replacement parts.

Unsolder old, solder in new. Job's done.