HELP! No sound from F-140r internal speakers

Talk about anything here
Piano Lover

HELP! No sound from F-140r internal speakers

Post by Piano Lover »

Hi all,

Have searched the internet and this forum with no luck and hoping someone here might be able to help. Playing the piano keeps my wife sane and the internal speakers on our trusty F-140r, which we have travelled the world with and is like a member of the family ("PP the Piano", or "PP" for short because we bought her in Phnom Penh), just stopped working.

Sound works if headphones are plugged in, or an external speaker, but my wife has bat ears and is very sensitive to wearing headphones. Has anyone come across this before? There isnt a speaker switch as far as I can see, like with some other Roland models. Have reset to factory settings but didnt work. Wondering if a fuse has blown? Would an audio driver update help?

We live in a remote area so can't access a certified Roland repair shop.

Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Eddy
cecchino

Re: HELP! No sound from F-140r internal speakers

Post by cecchino »

Hi Eddy,
it's wonderful to read posts from people who travels around the world bringing their piano with them!
Sorry, I don't attend the forums often (I have temporarily no Roland gear in my setup), and didn't see the post before.
My guess is something happened with one of the headphone connectors. Maybe something small and hard went into, or a soldering broke, so the piano "thinks" a headphone is connected and deactivates the internal speakers. Unfortunately I saw no procedure in the manual to change this behaviour. So my advice is to accurately inspect the headphone sockets, and possibly remove any dirt by using clean compressed air from a spray can. Hope you can solve and your wife can fully enjoy the piano again!
Piano Lover

Post by Piano Lover »

Thanks Cecchino, much appreciated, will give it a go!
Bbpaino

Post by Bbpaino »

Hello I also have the same issues and Roland said there is no fix did you find one ?
I love playing with headphones but kids wanna hear me