New Roland 88/76 or RD2000 Replacement

Talk about anything here
danodeniel742

New Roland 88/76 or RD2000 Replacement

Post by danodeniel742 »

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums here.
I've been eyeing the RD2000, but after some quick research, I realize it was released back in 2017 which makes it 6 years old. Since I'm looking to purchase a brand new keyboard, I was concerned that Roland might be releasing something new in its category between later this year and anytime next year. Is there any news of a replacement to the RD2000 coming soon?

I'm currently looking for a new 76/88 key weighted action keyboard that has a very realistic piano action, but at the same time has a modern and live-friendly workflow/UI similar to the Fantom, but I don't need a workstation. I'm not sure about the Fantom-08 as I feel like the RD2000 has better pianos than the Fantom line.

Thanks for your help guys!
xp30

Re: New Roland 88/76 or RD2000 Replacement

Post by xp30 »

danodeniel742 wrote: 13:09, 4 October 2023 I've been eyeing the RD2000, but after some quick research, I realize it was released back in 2017 which makes it 6 years old. Since I'm looking to purchase a brand new keyboard, I was concerned that Roland might be releasing something new in its category between later this year and anytime next year. Is there any news of a replacement to the RD2000 coming soon?
We can speculate about replacements, however, we do not know what Roland has planned for the RD-2000.

Why are you concerned about Roland releasing something new? Let's assume that you come to the conclusion that a RD-2000 is for you worth the amount that it currently costs. If Roland releases a replacement 3 months later, then it does not change the RD-2000 and its features. It still provides the same value.

I admit that it is a bit more complicated. If you intend to sell your keyboard again after a few months, then a replacement can significantly affect the prices on the used market. However, if you intend to keep it for a few years, then it would make almost no difference.

My recommendation: Do not worry too much about future releases. If you have the need or the desire for a keyboard, then make your decision based on what you know, and not based on what might be.
danodeniel742

Re: New Roland 88/76 or RD2000 Replacement

Post by danodeniel742 »

Thanks for your reply, but the board being 6 years old is reason for me to be concerned as no one wants to spend 2.5k on an instrument of this nature only to have a new one released 3 months later for the same price, especially if important features and sounds are going to be improved. In this case, I would prefer to wait.