Best Looking Keyboardist...

Talk about anything here
Bruiser

Best Looking Keyboardist...

Post by Bruiser »

A spinoff of the "Best Looking Keyboard" thread.

Where are all of the female keyboardist? It seems to me that there ought to be a bunch, given the tendency for parents to get piano lessons for their young daughters growing up (at least that's very common in the U.S.).

Is this all this hi-tech keyboard stuff just a guy thing?

As the subject title implies, this thread is intended to capture a list of female keyboardists in the world. It sure would be nice to have some participation from them on this board too.

MK

Re: Best Looking Keyboardist...

Post by MK »

Even more rare would be a woman playing a groovebox. Female keyboardists exist but they are nowhere near the percentage of men who play synths. Time after time I have heard of or met a woman who took piano lessons early in life, and then gave up playing sometime in her early high school years.

A friend of mine has a 20-year old daughter who writes her own songs on a Yamaha S08. I think he bought it for her, but I cannot remember for sure. She plays in the local bars somewhere in the southern half of Texas, probably Corpus Christi.

Motifator.com has a worthwhile interview with Linda Martinez. I would guess that you will find few women attracted to the Fantom-S. This workstation is too advanced to interest them.

http://www.motifator.com/mp/mp_linda.php
phunkeyz

Post by phunkeyz »

I think you are right to a certain extent, but I think you guys need to look on a local level. Here in CT, there are a few all-female bands that are rippin it. We have one group here called sisterfunk and the keyboardist is using a Nord Lead2, a Triton, nad a rack of stuff that I couldn't tell you what was in there. I wish there were more females playin keys, I mean I love talkin gear with dudes, but it would be kewl to occasionally meet a woman who had the same lust as we all do...

GEAR!!!

Thom

http://www.mp3.com/thomadams
FatBoyJim

Post by FatBoyJim »

I am way out of the loop with what is hip, trendy or even current. The closest I probably get to any of these things comes from this forum and my other time spent on the Internet. I don’t have any idea how common it is to have a female keyboardist in local bands and what not around here in Albuquerque but something that I have noticed on the rare occasions that I am in my favorite local music store is that women like the Fantom-S. I think it has a lot to do with why we have so many “mature” adults on this forum. The user interface seems to appeal to the, shale I say, more sensible members of society. I do wish that we had more women on this forum. I am guessing that will happen more with time.

You the man, Artemio!
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Without a question: Diana Krall.
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

She plays her ass off
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

LOL....I have a feeling of deja vu....

http://forum.fantom-s.info/?action=show ... &page=last
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

Damn, you've got a steel trap between your ears!

But I stand by my comments
mucsusn

Post by mucsusn »

I wouldn't mind a lesson or two from her ;)
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Take a number.... :-)