Talk about anything here
Spyder

Red Winger

Post by Spyder »

Can you help me with a problem?
Red Winger

Re: Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

I can always try. If you're referring to the posts you made on the pad setting, I wasn't sure I really understood what you were trying to do, so I was hanging back to see if anyone else responded. If that's the problem to which you're referring, can you give me a bit more detail on what it is you'd like to do? If it's something else....fire away.

Cheers,
RW
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Ypu know how the patch settings have a keyboard part and a pad part ? Well in the edit mode the keyboard is assigned to MFX 1 or (vice versa) and the pad is set to use MFX2 . I want to use both MFX1 and 2 on the keyboard part. It will not allow me to do this as the pad is set to MFX2.
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

Okay, I think I get it. I'm going to see if I can't go from memory here. If anyone (Phil...that means you ;-) has a manual handy and can fill in my memory gaps, that would be great.

There are a couple of settings in the patch edit that affect efx. One is the send setting, which dictates where the tones in the patch are going to go (i.e., mfx1, mfx2, output A, etc.). You might try adjusting those sends to see if you can't direct the output of the keys to mfx1 and the pads to mfx2 (bypassing mfx1).

Then, hit the Effects button. That should bring up the efx screen. In the mfx structure tab, you should be able to cycle through a couple of structures that feed mfx 1 into mfx2. You can adjust the amount (0-127) of signal that goes from mfx1 to mfx2 on that screen as well. That way, the keys patch should go out to mfx1, from there through mfx2 (and then through any chorus/reverb you've set) while the pads (being set to mfx2 only) ought to go just through mfx2.

I think that ought to work, but, as I say, I'm winging (no pun intended) this from memory.

Good luck!
RW
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

I see what you are saying. But I think the only way out of this is to use Performance Mode. There I can set 3 MFX simultaneously. But I am going to try your suggestions first.
I'll have to play around later. I'm late for a sound check.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.
Red Winger

Post by Red Winger »

No problem. If you find a solution, please post it so we know. Next chance I get, I'll also play around with things to see if I come up with anything more.

Cheers,
RW