Super Natural Empty :(

Forum for JUPITER-80
amitabhbansal

Super Natural Empty :(

Post by amitabhbansal »

friends
when i bought this jupiter 80 it came with version 2.0, and i was able to see Super Natural Sounds instruments list and can use them, but now after upgrading to 2,10 they are empty, please help me to get them back.
Thanks
Dany

Re: Super Natural Empty :(

Post by Dany »

amitabhbansal wrote:friends
when i bought this jupiter 80 it came with version 2.0, and i was able to see Super Natural Sounds instruments list and can use them, but now after upgrading to 2,10 they are empty, please help me to get them back.
Thanks
Quotes from the Roland Manuals:

* The following information is for customers who updated from version 1 to version 2. If this supplementary manual was included with a new
JUPITER-80 you purchased, your instrument has already been updated to version 2; please proceed to the next page.
The internal Registrations, Live Sets, and Tones have been renovated.
The new sounds of version 2 will become available following a factory reset.
NOTE
* When you carry out a factory reset, all sound data (Registrations, Live Sets, Tones) saved in the JUPITER-80 will be lost. If you want to keep the
sound data that you’ve been using, make a backup as described in “Backing Up All Settings to a USB Flash Drive” (p. 79) in the owner’s manual.
If you want to use the version 2 sounds on JUPITER-80 version 2
g Carry out a factory reset.
* If you carry out a factory reset, the sounds will be replaced by the version 2 sounds. We recommend that you make a backup before you
perform a factory reset (Owner’s Manual; p. 79).
If you want to use the version 1 sounds on JUPITER-80 version 2
g Do not carry out a factory reset.
* If you carry out a factory reset, the sounds will be replaced by the version 2 sounds. We strongly recommend that you make a backup before
you perform a factory reset (Owner’s Manual; p. 79).
If you want to use the version 2 sounds in JUPITER-80 version 2, but also want to use some of the sounds
you’ve been using until now
g Export the desired sounds, and after executing a factory reset in version 2, import them again.
* If you carry out a factory reset, the sounds will be replaced by the version 2 sounds. We recommend that you make a backup before you
1. As described in “Exporting/Importing Sound Data” (p. 1) in the JUPITER-80 Version 1.10 Supplementary Manual, export the
sound data that you want to keep.
Reference
“JUPITER-80 Version 1.10 Supplementary Manual” (PDF file) can be downloaded from the Roland website (http://www.roland.com/manuals/) by
selecting “JUPITER-80” as the model name.
2. Carry out a factory reset on the JUPITER-80.
The JUPITER-80 will switch to the version 2 sounds.
3. Import the sound data that you exported in step 1.

Restoring the Factory Settings
(Factory Reset)
This “Factory Reset” operation will restore all settings of the
JUPITER-80 to their factory-set state.
NOTE
When you execute the Factory Reset operation, all data in the
JUPITER-80 will be lost. If there is any data that you want to
keep, back it up to a USB flash drive (p. 79).
1. In the MENU screen (p. 34), touch <Factory Reset>.
The FACTORY RESET screen will appear.
2. Touch <EXEC>.
A message will ask “Are you sure?”
3. To execute the factory reset, touch <OK>.
NOTE
The factory reset operation will take several minutes. Never turn
off the power before the factory reset has been completed.
When the factory reset has been completed, the following screen
will appear.
4. When the message “Please Power Off!” appears, turn the
JUPITER-80’s power off, then on again.

Cello's "The Repository of Sounds": http://www.jp-80.com/ and more useful infos from Cello and others in these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45233

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=46608

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45887

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43824

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=46583

;)
amitabhbansal

Post by amitabhbansal »

Dany wrote:
amitabhbansal wrote:friends
Thanks
Quotes from the Roland Manuals:

* The following information is for customers who updated from version 1 to version 2. If this supplementary manual was included with a new
JUPITER-80 you purchased, your instrument has already been updated to version 2; please proceed to the next page.
The internal Registrations, Live Sets, and Tones have been renovated.
The new sounds of version 2 will become available following a factory reset.
NOTE
* When you carry out a factory reset, all sound data (Registrations, Live Sets, Tones) saved in the JUPITER-80 will be lost. If you want to keep the
sound data that you’ve been using, make a backup as described in “Backing Up All Settings to a USB Flash Drive” (p. 79) in the owner’s manual.
If you want to use the version 2 sounds on JUPITER-80 version 2
g Carry out a factory reset.
If you want to use the version 1 sounds on JUPITER-80 version 2
g Do not carry out a factory reset.
* If you carry out a factory reset, the sounds will be replaced by the version 2 sounds. We strongly recommend that you make a backup before
you perform a factory reset (Owner’s Manual; p. 79).
If you want to use the version 2 sounds in JUPITER-80 version 2, but also want to use some of the sounds
you’ve been using until now
g Export the desired sounds, and after executing a factory reset in version 2, import them again.
1. As described in “Exporting/Importing Sound Data” (p. 1) in the JUPITER-80 Version 1.10 Supplementary Manual, export the
sound data that you want to keep.
Reference
“JUPITER-80 Version 1.10 Supplementary Manual” (PDF file) can be downloaded from the Roland website (http://www.roland.com/manuals/) by
selecting “JUPITER-80” as the model name.
2. Carry out a factory reset on the JUPITER-80.
The JUPITER-80 will switch to the version 2 sounds.
3. Import the sound data that you exported in step 1.

Restoring the Factory Settings
(Factory Reset)
This “Factory Reset” operation will restore all settings of the
JUPITER-80 to their factory-set state.
NOTE
When you execute the Factory Reset operation, all data in the
JUPITER-80 will be lost. If there is any data that you want to
keep, back it up to a USB flash drive (p. 79).
1. In the MENU screen (p. 34), touch <Factory Reset>.
The FACTORY RESET screen will appear.
2. Touch <EXEC>.
A message will ask “Are you sure?”
3. To execute the factory reset, touch <OK>.
NOTE
The factory reset operation will take several minutes. Never turn
off the power before the factory reset has been completed.
When the factory reset has been completed, the following screen
will appear.
4. When the message “Please Power Off!” appears, turn the
JUPITER-80’s power off, then on again.

Cello's "The Repository of Sounds": http://www.jp-80.com/ and more useful infos from Cello and others in these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45233

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=46608

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45887

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=43824

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=46583

;)
Thanks for your effort, but sorry to say that i didnt understand at all what you want to say, my english is not so good, when i select SuperNatural there comes 2 Section, 1 is SuperNatural and 2. SuperNatural Synth, Supernatural Synth is empty, i dont remember if it was filled up or not, now i am using 2.1- version, so do you mean that i should downgrade it to 2.0 then take the backup of the instruments then upgrade to 2.10 and restore the backup?
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

amitabhbansal

The upgrade erased your sounds. This is normal. You need to do a RESTORE to bring them back. If you did not back them up before you upgraded, then you need to have another JP-80 owner send you a copy of their BACK-UP so you can restore them onto your JP-80. I can not help you, as I have a JP-50, and the sound files are not the same, but I have done what I have suggested with another JP-50 owner who lost his sound files, and it worked fine. Kind of like this:

1. BACKUP
2. UPGRADE
3. RESTORE

No BACKUP ?

4. ASK HERE FOR ORIGINAL JP-80 FACTORY SOUND FILE
5. RESTORE
6. ALL DONE

Hope this helps.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

tnicoson wrote:amitabhbansal

The upgrade erased your sounds. This is normal. You need to do a RESTORE to bring them back. If you did not back them up before you upgraded, then you need to have another JP-80 owner send you a copy of their BACK-UP so you can restore them onto your JP-80. I can not help you, as I have a JP-50, and the sound files are not the same, but I have done what I have suggested with another JP-50 owner who lost his sound files, and it worked fine. Kind of like this:

1. BACKUP
2. UPGRADE
3. RESTORE

No BACKUP ?

4. ASK HERE FOR ORIGINAL JP-80 FACTORY SOUND FILE
5. RESTORE
6. ALL DONE

Hope this helps.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
That's exactly what Dany posted (in his own way ;-))

You really need to do as tcnicoson just said!
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

But I am afraid Dany's own way was a bit too difficult for someone who doesn't speak fluent English !
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

tnicoson wrote:But I am afraid Dany's own way was a bit too difficult for someone who doesn't speak fluent English !
That's true, that's exactly why I said "his own way" ;-)
amitabhbansal

Post by amitabhbansal »

can someone please email me the backup of Version 2.00? my email add is amitabh_thepowerman@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance
Méka

Post by Méka »

You should found all that you want here :

http://www.jp-80.com/

Thanks to Cello ...
amitabhbansal

Post by amitabhbansal »

Méka wrote:You should found all that you want here :

http://www.jp-80.com/

Thanks to Cello ...
Thanks brother for your support, i have visited the site but confused which one to download, please help me out as there are OSv1 Sounds and v2 + Bernd Analogue, if i download v2 then what is Bernd Analogue? and can i remove Bernd Analogue after restoring v2?
Thanks