Tweakability? @Artemio

Forum for JUPITER-80
OMNICELL

Re: Tweakability? @Artemio

Post by OMNICELL »

As for now! ITs going back to Kraft! I got a deal on a return used... Still going back!

No tweak tweak.... Its driving me crazy! Interesting board.

I have to have a work station or a v synth; call me lazy! I guess?

I think if someone gave me one of these to play around with, I would check it out. However, Id head to fantom x first..

I will continue to play around with it and see what I can find before I send it back!

I need a main synth; this isn't it. Really; seems specialized for the performer, certainly not made for the Prophet 12 crowd...

The synth world has changed! And I haven't kept up with it!
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

From Live Sets to Registrations, the Jupiter-80 is a real stone groove!

The mass bubblers trash it, the other brand fanboys deride it. We just mangle those tones and go...

...oooh, aaah, whippeee!

If only we had a cool editor and more memory space!
My two cents (from a rather famous JP-80 thread from long ago...) and I'm still sticking with it!

As for you trrstrl, you should have stayed with your glove compartment comment...I think you pretty much already said it all with that one! ;-D
How about: "I just bought a car and found out that to roll down the window I have to tap the brake, hit a 5 digit code on the dash, and whistle."? Sometimes Roland is like a luxury car company, except you wonder why they put the turn signal lever in the glove compartment.
P.S. Good to see JP-80 (x2!) afficionado Dany back on the forum!
Dany2

Post by Dany2 »

trrstrl wrote:...I believe they might be confusing quantity for quality. Having 30 oscillators going all at once isn't necesarily a good sounding thing. You can do cool things with that extra power but more doesn't always mean better. Thirty hamburgers does not equal a steak...
In my opinion, even just one single SN Synth Partial (1 Osc) is already a top quality "steak"... ;)

Once I wrote in another thread:
Dany wrote:...One single Partial of a SN-Synth tone represents almost a full Juno-6 with its capabilities. Try to create a sound ONLY with ONE PARTIAL of ONE single SN-Synth Tone! Because you have to know and experience the most basic structure or the nucleus of your synth, if you want to claim that you can manage the full potential of your JP80. It just blew me away, when I did this and it's incredible what you can already achieve with just one single JP80 SN-Synth Tone Partial! Roland somehow added a certain kind of magic to the JP-80 and the sound is already incredibly rich and expressive on this basic or atomic level of one single Partial...
The JP-80 is easy and fast to program, but at the same time extremely versatile. I can still focus on the musical and creative process, while programming new sounds on the JP-80, following my sound imagination, still not losing the initial musical inspiration and flow...

By contrast, my OASYS has some highly complex and vast synth engines like MOD-7, AL-1 and STR-1, with thousands of complex modulation routing options and synth parameters. But the programming of sounds, following my imagination, is quite time consuming and an almost scientific endeavor, but nevertheless very rewarding. But in the end, I tend to lose the initial musical flow and context...

I am finally just very happy to have both sound worlds at hand... ;)

@SoundworldA.D.: ...I am still listening to your soundworld! http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=948812 ... ;)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

@SoundworldA.D.: ...I am still listening to your soundworld!
Thanks a lot Dany. I didn't have as much time for it last year due to excessive work travel but have still managed to almost finish my seventh collection of tunes under the banner of Event Horizon. I was quite chuffed to have my first Top10 Jazz tune ever with "Meet Me at the WaVeStation", the second to emanate from the Reincarnated Combination Epic Rock in 7 (the first being "Event Horizon). Even though they came from the same Combi, they sound quite different. A little editing here and there brings due rewards!

I marveled at all of those JP-80 parameters and sound generation capabilities you put on the long thread. For those who take the time as you obviously have, the rewards are limitless! And we wonder how our dear fellow musician with the intials of KK is getting on. We sincerely hope that huge disappointment has turned to real joy!