New JUPITER-80 video from the show... clean audio!

Forum for JUPITER-80
vladuca

New JUPITER-80 video from the show... clean audio!

Post by vladuca »

We jumped into the Roland demo room and shot this in between press conferences...

http://sonicmp4.s3.amazonaws.com/messe1 ... _jp-80.mp4
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: New JUPITER-80 video from the show... clean audio!

Post by Artemiy »

Fantastic demo, really impressed with the sound!
Python

Post by Python »

If Roland should put just ONE video on their site, THIS should be it!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Python wrote:If Roland should put just ONE video on their site, THIS should be it!
Agree. It is indeed a good demonstration of Jupiter-80 capabilities in a few minutes.

Awesome sounds !!

P.S: Even though it is GREAT playing by Scott and his Trio, It's just sad that the sound quality of the Tio demos, are not good enough (lot's of distortion) :-(
I AM

Post by I AM »

this sounds like sound from the mic on the camera... and someone call it clean audio?!? maybe it's cleaner than anything else present, but is it so difficult to record audio from mixer?? am i wrong?
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

That won't even play correctly on my system. What's with the obscure links? I know Roland and youtube don't get along but at least the videos work there.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37016&start=15#p229546

Those are the best I've heard yet and no conference hall field recordings.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Although Roland has failed to convince me that they have surpassed the quality level of sound that the fantomX and SRX has for acoustic instruments, I kind of like this direction they are taking.. I wish this thing had more knobs though.. And another thing i think is wrong with this thing is the assumed or confirmed price point of 3 to 4 thousand dollars.... I don't think articulation tricks, a cool retro look, and new synth patches is worth all that... I'm assuming it's gonna cost less to create on of these then say a fantom ever did, no? Nothing really new here... Although I'm interested in the arpeggiator... But really, to me, it's a 12 to 1400 dollar keyboard, max.... I think I'm being generous too....

Roland... Don't go chasing money... It just ends up further away...
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

<But really, to me, it's a 12 to 1400 dollar keyboard, max>

If you refer strictly to features, it's not far away from the Stage (and even the Stage was more expensive than 1400 I guess). But you have to take into account also premium mats, touchscreen, faders, new synth engine, etc. I'd say the correct price is closer to 1750-1950 euros. They needed to tax more because of the R&D expenses, I suppose.