Another video by Music Radar

Forum for JUPITER-80
Artemiy
Site Admin

Another video by Music Radar

Post by Artemiy »

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/mus ... emo-417284

A nice explanation of JUPITER-80's concept by one of Roland's engineers. And the second half features some SN examples which are quite cool, especially the trumpet and timpani!
en76

Re: Another video by Music Radar

Post by en76 »

nice...
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

I really liking the intuitive Mono/Poly switching! I'm thinking that it would be great in playing lead guitar etc. This is where Roland truely 'smokes' it's competition; in the attention to inovative details that make the 'ride' alittle more comfortable! IMHO =)
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

I'm usually not into these kind of sounds on synth, but those were very impressive. Looking like they really have built an expressive instrument. Most ROMpler brass and guitar sounds usually suck, which is why I don't use them, but these were very good.
srgebel

Post by srgebel »

I wish that video was released quicker maybe, a lot of people are hung up on this being
a "jupiter" computer and it should be analog, or a workstation. the engineer makes it
very clear its a live keyboard. However to me, i'd rather have a million synth type sounds
on it, instead of trumpets (that sound awesome by the way, just see the use of it live),
accordions etc, i just dont get it. again, thats my ignorance when it comes to playing keyboards
i have a different take on it. But the sounds are incredible on this, although again i will never
be able to afford this piece.
Mr.XR

Post by Mr.XR »

from the demos that i saw at FRankfurt by Scott Tibbs i agree that the supernatural stuff is quite stunning in realism and expressivness.
The dude in the 2nd half of the clip however makes it sound like a bad joke IMHO.
Applying massive amounts of pitchbend to an accordeon and using that as the 2nd example in a demo for the Jupiter shows how absolutely clueless the guy is. His brainless noodling on the trumpet didnt generate any GAS either.
I saw another clip where he stated that there is Variphrase technology in the Jupiter-nice preperation!
Makes me wonder if Roland has any sort of quality control when it comes to choosing their representers.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Mr. XR, huh, you should have listened him pitch-bending a piano!
Mr.XR

Post by Mr.XR »

wouldnt surprise me a bit!
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

I'm glad Roland continues to innovate, in areas where it really matters for serious musicians and people deep into synthesis. Thanks for the link, Artemiy.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

realtrance wrote:I'm glad Roland continues to innovate, in areas where it really matters for serious musicians and people deep into synthesis.
Wut ur smokin bro????
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

lol!