arpeggiator?

Forum for JUPITER-80
Mystic38

arpeggiator?

Post by Mystic38 »

I believe i read/saw the comment that the arpeggiator was programmable... from my experience with the fantom G i know that the arpeggiator does not in fact support user programmable arpeggiator patterns....simply step sequences.

So, does the JP-80 arpeggiator have user programmable patterns... so that i can input a pattern and vary the playback by changing chord forms or playback motif, or are user patterns restricted to the castrated step sequencer (ie..non-arpeggiator) as found in the flagship Fantom G?
Mystic38

Re: arpeggiator?

Post by Mystic38 »

Given that this level of information will not be in the manual, perhaps one of the Roland representatives can respond to this?..
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Mystic38 wrote:Given that this level of information will not be in the manual, perhaps one of the Roland representatives can respond to this?..
Agree! This is a very important question to be asked
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

. . . and answered!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

secret Roland agent wrote:
. . . and answered!
Is it ? LOL
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

please understand the difference between a step sequence and an arpeggio pattern.. the flagship Fantom G and AFAIK the Gi also can only import step sequences.. whereas the Juno G and Fantom X had fully functional and creative arpeggiators.
MethodicMind wrote:
Mystic38 wrote:I believe i read/saw the comment that the arpeggiator was programmable... from my experience with the fantom G i know that the arpeggiator does not in fact support user programmable arpeggiator patterns....simply step sequences.

So, does the JP-80 arpeggiator have user programmable patterns... so that i can input a pattern and vary the playback by changing chord forms or playback motif, or are user patterns restricted to the castrated step sequencer (ie..non-arpeggiator) as found in the flagship Fantom G?
I think it could be the same as the Juno Gi. You can create a custom aperggio importing midi files from the USB port.
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

I wonder what "harmony intelligence" has to do with the JP80 arps?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Mystic38 wrote:please understand the difference between a step sequence and an arpeggio pattern.. the flagship Fantom G and AFAIK the Gi also can only import step sequences.. whereas the Juno G and Fantom X had fully functional and creative arpeggiators
Don't mentioning the V-Synth one...
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

ok :)
PauloF wrote:
Mystic38 wrote:please understand the difference between a step sequence and an arpeggio pattern.. the flagship Fantom G and AFAIK the Gi also can only import step sequences.. whereas the Juno G and Fantom X had fully functional and creative arpeggiators
Don't mentioning the V-Synth one...
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

shameless bump
vladuca

Post by vladuca »

Yes, custom patterns are possible. Write a pattern in your DAW, export as SMF, then import the SMF into the JP. If the arp is set other than "phrase" it will vary playback based on notes played.