Another Classic name used for a crap synth

Forum for JUPITER-80
V-CeeOh

Re: Another Classic name used for a crap synth

Post by V-CeeOh »

Did you see a saxofonist trying to replicate a moog sound ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8En0JwjaZU

You sometimes see the most strange things in life...
vox

Post by vox »

Alphacode wrote:the VA technology we find in moog
VA (like in `virtual analog') in a Moog ? Are you high ? :')
Alphacode

Post by Alphacode »

vox wrote:
Alphacode wrote:the VA technology we find in moog
VA (like in `virtual analog') in a Moog ? Are you high ? :')
Nope but you are :) if you were to read it properly you would noticed that i was quoting a genius here who said that .

Guys just focus on doing the best trumpet ever sound on your 4000$ Jupiter 80 i'm sure grandmas dancing on the weddings will appreciate you plaing it , and let me go back to my 2000€ plugins with MIDI piano sounds as another genius quoted here :)

EVERYBODY LET'S BE HAPPY !
Alphacode

Post by Alphacode »

V-CeeOh wrote:

Ok so we have another Genius here !

This guy is not replicating a synth sound ,he is CONTROLLING a synth , same thing ... not really .
Bravo i say bravo !

This and the moog comment really shows the knowledge on this forum ..!
en76

Post by en76 »

LOL!
@ Python,
See, these days ANYONE can make a hit record - and record sales are going so low that the labels start stop sending out cd's in favor of the likes of itunes.
Totally agree with you. Start small is always a good thing and exactly where i am @.
How much of that .99cents we can compile up. We work for the millions out there and absolutely the internet changes the whole game in this industry. But i would still go for Quality for the customers but for now , just testing out the market and sticking to the main purpose and passion which is music/visual art ministry :D. Plus some flashlights just in case the world go dim through earthquake or disasters. :(
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Alphacode wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:

Ok so we have another Genius here !
OUCH!!! Sorry... did I hurt something?
This guy is not replicating a synth sound ,he is CONTROLLING a synth , same thing ... not really
I guess you know what you're talking about since that's exactly what you do with your... controller.
But since you want to teach us grammar please tell what you do when you play a Moog? Aren't you controlling a synth? Oh, no wait, you think
This and the moog comment really shows the knowledge on this forum ..!
Well, since this forum doesn't fit your highness, could you please enlighten us and tell why you registered?
No, save it, you had your last post back there... Bravo I say Bravo !
Python

Post by Python »

Yeah he had his last post... Buy then again that's a couple of posts ago... There's still hope. Do not despair! The upcoming celebrity might still come back and shine upon us... :D
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Alphacode wrote: This and the moog comment really shows the knowledge on this forum ..!
... why we mere "ignorants" read things like that from "THE Genius"?

Give us a brake !!
;-)
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

sigh..

Alphacode=Zetabrain
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

BTW A keyboard is not meant to replicate a TRUMPET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's ment to be a SYNTH (ie SYNTHETIC SOUND )
Just a final post about this - and yes I'm making a statement: a pic from Roland's SH-1000 analog synth released in 1973

I rest my case about this.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

I believe that after seeing this pic some things will start to make sense to some... namely, why is Roland using a "JUPITER" to "replicate" the most common instruments knowed today.

...but what do I know? Probably nothing, I was 8 years by then (yeah, do your math...bahhhh)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

V-CeeOh wrote:I believe that after seeing this pic some things will start to make sense to some... namely, why is Roland using a "JUPITER" to "replicate" the most common instruments knowed today.

...but what do I know? Probably nothing, I was 8 years by then (yeah, do your math...bahhhh)
And I was 19 and just started to play Guitars and Bass...
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

PauloF wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:I believe that after seeing this pic some things will start to make sense to some... namely, why is Roland using a "JUPITER" to "replicate" the most common instruments knowed today.

Which you know nothing of.... ;-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

V-CeeOh wrote:
PauloF wrote:

Which you know nothing of.... ;-)
Exactly !!
LoL
Jupiter8fan

Post by Jupiter8fan »

My first impressions of the Jupiter 80 were, to be honest, not that great. However I did a bit of research and watched some of the demo videos of the Jupiter 80 and must say it's sounds impressed me a great deal. I think Roland are on the right track with their modeling technology. I was disappointed mainly with the lack of real time controls, especially when in comparison with the Korg Kronos. But I'm sure it's something I would get used too. Also I think the coloring and design would need some time before I warm to it.

In terms of usage of the name "Jupiter", I think a lot of people don't realize that at the time of the Jupiter 8's release it represented the best Roland had to offer. So I think that they are justified in releasing this new Jupiter under that name. I think there is a lot of unnecessary hype over analog synthesizers these days. What a lot of people don't understand is that they were very restricted in sounds they could produce, had unstable tuning and many other flaws. Don't get me wrong, some analog synthesizers are great, but this ignorant opinion that goes around at the moment; everything digital is "crap" is ridiculous.

That being said, my dream workstation/synthesizer would be one that combines VA, Modeling, Analog, FM, Sampling etc. all in one keyboard.