Another Classic name used for a crap synth

Forum for JUPITER-80
PauloF

Re: Another Classic name used for a crap synth

Post by PauloF »

V-CeeOh wrote:
Alphacode wrote:And Here we go again when Roland uses a classic name to create an instrument with trupets and pianos and a VA interface from the sh201 / sh 01gaia. Congrats ROLAND on another piece of junk that will die forgotten like all of your recent synths . Lets be honest neither Roland or korg will ever produce anything interestingfrom now on . It's up to the little companies like moog ,waldorf and Access now .

Please roland file for company liquidation already !
Ouch!!! Someone over sensitive over "classic names"....
Indeed... ;-)
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

...sold all my gear recently to use plugins a friend showed me and one Novation Sl controller as they are so much better sounding than any hardware synth ,you can't even compare, anyone that still praise the Juno 106 as the best synth ever knows very little about synths !
Ouch!!! Now you're getting over sensitive about analog gear...
I know this forum is a territory of 80% guys playing at weddings and bars with pianos and trumpets anyway ,(no offense) but REAL keyboardists ( DM ,Keith emerson ,jordan rudess etc... use different equipment)
uh??? So a guy playing in a wedding is not a REAL keyboardist??? What is he then??? You say you sold all your hardware gear for plugins and a controller. What makes that out of yourself? A REAL controller player???
Yeah, your earned a lot of credibility now....
Howard still plays on Moogs prodigys ,Jupiter8 etc btw ...
Really??? damm, I thought he played with plugins. I wonder why he chooses less good sounding stuff to do his job...
PS : Do you know why i am so pissed , because i saw the Ju80 on an advert and got SO EXITED i ran like hell and call a friend to tell him that before i watched the videos ! to be then SO DISSAPOINTED that it just pisses me of like hell ..!
Oh now I got it: You didn't had time to use your excitement and wasted it all on a expensive call to a friend.

Look, you find your plug-ins like the best thing that ever happened to you and hate the Jupiter name on the last Roland synthesizer. That's fine. But coming here to vent all your personal fustrations in front of an audience you know nothing about, is pretty ridiculous.
Take a deep breath, go play with your plugins and leave us, wedding players, with our bad sounding Jupiters and Junos.
en76

Post by en76 »

well, Why not go for this instead.
http://www.musiccomputing.com/
maybe Roland can have the touch screen interface with their motion command too LOL!
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

I feel short.... :(
Alphacode wrote:I know this forum is a territory of 80% guys playing at weddings and bars with pianos and trumpets anyway ,(no offense) but REAL keyboardists ( DM ,Keith emerson ,jordan rudess etc... use different equipment) ..!
en76

Post by en76 »

well, I'm a hobbyist who like screwing around with music on my FG. I'm not a professional nor wanna be one. So, you professional shouldn't be threatened by us nonprofessionals. LOL!
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

I really don't think the JP-80 is targeted for the typical online-forum synth-whanker on the internet. Rolandconnect, in my recollection, does a lot of outreach to a lot of different kinds of music communities; this instrument is for "them," not "us."

Case in point: I recently saw one Youtube video, about 8:46 long, with Scott Tibbs demoing various instruments, and if you know trumpets at all, and saw what he was doing and heard what was coming out of the JP-80, and know how difficult it is to get that kind of nuance and inflection for a trumpet solo on ANY previous keyboard..... your jaw would drop.

If you didn't catch that, and realize what it represents... back to your 2-oscs and a resonant filter and be happy. :)
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

realtrance wrote:I really don't think the JP-80 is targeted for the typical online-forum synth-whanker on the internet. Rolandconnect, in my recollection, does a lot of outreach to a lot of different kinds of music communities; this instrument is for "them," not "us."

Case in point: I recently saw one Youtube video, about 8:46 long, with Scott Tibbs demoing various instruments, and if you know trumpets at all, and saw what he was doing and heard what was coming out of the JP-80, and know how difficult it is to get that kind of nuance and inflection for a trumpet solo on ANY previous keyboard..... your jaw would drop.

If you didn't catch that, and realize what it represents... back to your 2-oscs and a resonant filter and be happy. :)
Yep. This looks like a serious professional performance instrument. Maybe this will start a new trend in the voicing of Roland instruments. A rack version would be awesome down the track.

If people revere the analogue Jupiters that much, then find one and buy it. A new analogue synth with the Jp-8's specs will cost a fortune anyway. There are two MKS-80's on ebay in Australia right now with the programmer, with a similar price to the Jupiter-80.
en76

Post by en76 »

realtrance wrote:I really don't think the JP-80 is targeted for the typical online-forum synth-whanker on the internet. Rolandconnect, in my recollection, does a lot of outreach to a lot of different kinds of music communities; this instrument is for "them," not "us."

your right. My jaw got dropped when I heard the demo too...That is why i consider it as my unofficial "ARX-80" so to speak. The very kind of idea i thought they would have for FG but with this, I know it actually simplifies both world. Will have the best for dragging around with me to impress my pro friend and for me to leave my FG @ home.
JP-80 256 polyphony is like two keys in one. I would figure if its 128, price would be around 2grand.

You can say I'm the unofficial Roland sales-man here especially with the Church I work with. I only recommend them what I am passion about and best equipment. So JP-80 will have to sell on it own out here once I get my hands on one.
So, target market would be most churches that are in touch with classics and modern worship.
We have Fantom X, 2 juno stage, a motif es, korg trition extreme, Roland XP-80 all in 76keys.
VR-700 would be nice but our organ play prefer the Triton for organ sound. But Rd700NX actually would be the best buy over VR-700. So, Churches are one huge target market too.
Alphacode

Post by Alphacode »

Let it be the last post here . Yep wedding players are loosers that didn't achieve much in music and thats as far as they will go.. . MY plugins include foir eg a Nexus 2 with all expansions that costs me over 2000€ (FOR ONE SOFTWARE SYNTH !)

Btw we just read your posts and lol so much at the lame replies, you just didn't get a thing i said , yep only wedding and bar players here (remember trumpets and pianos ) and no real synthetist .

BTW A keyboard is not meant to replicate a TRUMPET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's ment to be a SYNTH (ie SYNTHETIC SOUND ) Did you see a saxofonist trying to replicate a moog sound ?

Good night everyone ,hug your junos g and fantoms for me ...
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

trrstrl

Post by trrstrl »

Arguments about the Jupiter 80 aside, I went and listened to the Nexus 2 demos on their site since it was given as an example. Wow, and I don't mean that in a good way. There is an extensive demo and if it represents the synth I'm not sure I would pay anything for it. The realistic instrument sounds don't even achieve general midi quality from 10 years ago. The synth sounds are not good (putting it nicely). There are a lot of good software synths for those that prefer that route; this isn't one of them. Each to his own of course. I have no doubt the Jupiter 80 would sound substantially better than this. A Roland JV1080 sounds substantially better.
en76

Post by en76 »

LOL! That's why I love the JP-80 concept. It's one of those jaw dropping thing that you wouldn't expect from such thing. Who say we are to be limited to such and such? In a changing world, that will be disastrous business. Its like asking a corporation to be a dinosaur when you don't have to be. It is selfish and pure arrogant not to consider how many employed at Roland Corporation are working hard to be innovative for its customers and yet feed their family as we all do. Many varieties of tools out there so we pick yours and make room for others too or else the same will be done unto you/me. :D
I will prayer for all of us.
"Father who are in heaven, allowed be thy name, May you forgive us for our short "talents" I mean patient and long criticism to our fellow artist. May we all not wake up one day and decided to look for a new wife just because she sound a bid ash today but be as creative and inspiring as all artist always do for those who need words of encouragement, laughter and comfort.
For you have preserve this language of Music that is known and understood across the world. May we be the instrument of love to those who don't know love and be the peace to those who are going through valleys and mountain. Main we not forget our purpose as Artist and count the days as a blessing to our families for we are not guarantied our tomorrows. May we live to the fullest and enjoy every moment with our friends and fellow artist. Amen and Aloha! oh! may we find a good deals in our daily add-on to our already powerful instruments praise!.Mahalo! :D
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

What I don't understand is why I am feeding a troll that outright glorifies a software rompler heralded for it's generic presets.

Then proceeds to pat himself on the back for spending $2000+?

The only thing imo absolutely hilarious(read:sickening) is the amount of money(read:bs) this guy throws around like he is the next international underground pop star(that creates all his own sounds from scratch).

w/e
Python

Post by Python »

Alphacode wrote:Let it be the last post here . Yep wedding players are loosers that didn't achieve much in music and thats as far as they will go.. . MY plugins include foir eg a Nexus 2 with all expansions that costs me over 2000€ (FOR ONE SOFTWARE SYNTH !)

Btw we just read your posts and lol so much at the lame replies, you just didn't get a thing i said , yep only wedding and bar players here (remember trumpets and pianos ) and no real synthetist .

BTW A keyboard is not meant to replicate a TRUMPET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's ment to be a SYNTH (ie SYNTHETIC SOUND ) Did you see a saxofonist trying to replicate a moog sound ?

Good night everyone ,hug your junos g and fantoms for me ...
Ehm, what are you talking about? First of all, before you take the good name of Jordan Rhudess in vein, PLEASE watch the Kronos introduction video from winter namm where he thoroughly express how he loves these types of instruments, and how soft-synths just don't cut it for gigging musicians.
Another argument that doesn't really stand it's ground is when you go on to suggest that a synthesizer is not supposed to synthetically replicate other instruments. That's pretty much the meaning of the word.
Back in the days, people frowned upon keyboards that wasn't pianos or guitars with effects on them. These arguments are just plain stupid.
And just to give you a little insight into the music bussiness (and no, I'm not a wedding singer...) -it might be better for a musician to get out there and play - even at weddings and whatnot - instead of sitting in you basement with expensive software hoping to break the music bussiness by being a computerfreak. See, these days ANYONE can make a hit record - and record sales are going so low that the labels start stop sending out cd's in favour of the likes of itunes. So the only thing they really care about is wether or not a performer has what it takes to entertain properly and play his instrument professionally through the entire gig -every night.
Can YOU do that after 5 years of sequencing in the basement?

And don't worry about who sings where. If you're a natural born musician, some day you will come to terms with the fact that you're not the next Bon Jovi or whatever. Then you will either sell your stuff and leave your music behind as a dirty secret or start performing what the audiences want, where the audiences come and live on the happiness of those you entertain. Of course that all depends on wether or not you're playing becourse you like to play or becourse you think it'll make you rich.

Good luck with your professional endavours ;)
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Btw we just read your posts and lol so much at the lame replies,
I'm glad my posts shine up your day a little bit.
MY plugins include foir eg a Nexus 2 with all expansions that costs me over 2000€ (FOR ONE SOFTWARE SYNTH !)
NEXUS2 expansions:
"Hollywood
All the orchestral sounds needed to create complex arrangements that will rival those heard in big-budget, blockbuster movies. Sensuous strings, bold brasses and wonderous woodwinds come together to create an amazing arsenal of sound at your fingertips."
BTW A keyboard is not meant to replicate a TRUMPET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's ment to be a SYNTH (ie SYNTHETIC SOUND )
Yeah, right!