Detailed Specs and user guide

Forum for JUPITER-80
mojkarma

Re: Detailed Specs and user guide

Post by mojkarma »

realtrance wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:
RKfan wrote:Amazing One - thanks for the quotes.

I was wondering if you can hook envelopes to the tone blender so you can fade tones in and out to make brilliant PADs?
I think this is the answer ;-)
Dear God ok now I have to seriously consider whether I should sell a bunch of stuff I've had for a decade or more.... sigh.... that is AMAZING. I had a feeling this thing would have depth beyond compare, but this is just jaw-dropping!
Just curious, may I ask what's so outstanding here? I don't see any special parameter here, just the usual stuff you have in workstations for decades. A Fantom G or even the original Fantom has the same parameter straight in the patch mode, without even getting to the multitimbral mode where you could combine up to 16 such 4tone patches.
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

I may be wrong but, I don't believe these to be 'static' values! Set your source (D-beam, Modulation etc) and listen to your Live Set morph! Is this how Tone Blend works? If so, it would be an awesome tool!
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

I think we're at the point with the tech that the capabilities are really beyond discussion. I believe Scott when he says this is Roland's best and latest tech. That's all I need to hear, really, since I'm intimately familiar with Roland's work and instrument and interface design.
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

mojkarma,

It's simply the full access to all the standard, Roland-style control parameters, in-depth, at once, on a touch-screen, for multiple patches in a Live Set, that's all.

It'll make for really fast, clean editing and setup of what you want controlled in each patch mapped to which controllers for your performance with a Live Set. Which is no small thing, for someone who wants a real, player's synth.
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

No problem,
I just failed to see what's extraordinary in this tone blend scheme.
I remember that on any Korg Workstation up from the Trinity or Classic Triton, you could assign a single modulation source to control any parameter you want, meaning you could control with one single source a few dozens of parameters at once.
Considering that, I don't feel that the J80 offers something extraordinarily new in that regard.
ScoobyDoo555

Post by ScoobyDoo555 »

Have you seen that the brochure is available now for download?

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... ost6586807
vladuca

Post by vladuca »

Tone blender allows one controller (knob, D Beam, etc.) to be mapped to all those parameters of 4 tones inside of each Live Set. Shuffle is like randomize of the destination values. You can get some wild ass stuff happening, then save the result as a new Live Set.
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

vladuca wrote:Tone blender allows one controller (knob, D Beam, etc.) to be mapped to all those parameters of 4 tones inside of each Live Set.
?? So , what's new then :-)
vladuca wrote:Shuffle is like randomize of the destination values. You can get some wild ass stuff happening

?? Indeed, this JP-80 is not for ... me
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

vladuca wrote:You can get some wild ass stuff happening…
Wild ass stuff? Been there, done that…

No, like Jabberwocky, that is not for me.
Wild Ass.jpg
Wild Ass.jpg (22.61 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Grammar
I didn't know you were old enough to have a driving licence but I would advise you to keep your...erh... hands... on the wheel when doing it. I'm also curious on how you step the brake pedal.... not that that matters now...
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

Actually V-CeeOh, it was I . . . or is that 'me', who did the driving for Grammar. The driver's side was on the other side of the vehicle. Grammar told me that he was going to check out some 'wild ass'! I had no idea that this was what he was talking about! Anyway . . . He asked me to join him stating "When I think of a wild ass, sRa, my thoughts are drawn to you!" How could I refuse him?

As for my driving skills, I also had a little trouble reaching the pedals! Grammar's Grandma was in the backseat guiding me. She's a funny old bird and I quote "It's not you I worry about, sRa! It's all of the other idiots on the road!" . . . Hmmm . . . Come to think of it, I did wonder what she was doing there in the first place, seeing as how we were checking out some 'ass'!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

@vladuca,
Any idea when the full specs/user manual will be available?
vladuca

Post by vladuca »

I think this is the answer ;-)
Image[/quote]

Dear God ok now I have to seriously consider whether I should sell a bunch of stuff I've had for a decade or more.... sigh.... that is AMAZING. I had a feeling this thing would have depth beyond compare, but this is just jaw-dropping![/quote]

Just curious, may I ask what's so outstanding here? I don't see any special parameter here, just the usual stuff you have in workstations for decades. A Fantom G or even the original Fantom has the same parameter straight in the patch mode, without even getting to the multitimbral mode where you could combine up to 16 such 4tone patches.[/quote]

One controller can move all those parameters based on the bias set in the lower box. Shuffle randomizes the bias settings. It's pretty fun to experiement to see what new sounds you come up with. Once you do, you can write it as a new Live Set.
-Vince