A Little more INFO.

Forum for JUPITER-80
piaknowguy

A Little more INFO.

Post by piaknowguy »

A Supernatural Synth engine re-creates the unique oscillator and filter behavior of both vintage analog and digital synthesizers. 350 glittering PCM waveforms assist in creating more 'contemporary' synth sounds.

Unison Mode - allows for over-lapping of 8 OSC waves for a 'thick' analog sound.

The Tone Blender option allows for simultaneous control of multiple parameters using the tone knobs and D-Beam control. This can be saved in a Live Set, a perfect performance feature.

The Jupiter 80 allows for a wide range of Part configurations - The Solo part can be assigned to play the top note of a chord, for instance. Upper and Lower parts have access to 76 types of Multi-effects (MFX). The Percussion part enjoys it's own independant Reverb.
Quinnx.

Re: A Little more INFO.

Post by Quinnx. »

The diagram is a bit misleading..
its indicates that each tone can be sent through its own mfx (just like PFX)
But in another diagram it indicated that each tone can be sent through any of all the 4 MFX in any configuration.
realtrance

Post by realtrance »

Just guessing here, but I'd assume you have 4 MFX units and you'd be able to route each of the Tones to any one of those MFX you'd like? And, if it's like previous Roland architecture, you'd be able to adjust amount of Tone going through MFX vs. amount of Tone going direct out?
vox

Post by vox »

I hope Roland will release more informations about the VA of the JP80 very soon. It looks like each partial's structure is fixed in a classic Osc's->Filter->Amp scheme, and that there is only one filter per partial. If true this would be a major step back from the JP8, that includes a very very nice highpass filter.

I'm speaking of dual filter, either serialized or parallelized not a single multimode filter that can be switched between lowpass, highpass, band, etc...

Every previous high end VA's from Roland (ie, the glorious V-Synth) had various structures available and included multiple filters, so let's hope for the best.

I would say a single filter structure would be a show-stopper to me.