it just gets worse

Forum for JUPITER-80
fantomCK

it just gets worse

Post by fantomCK »

must be the sign of the times......but i can not find a music store, in florida, that is planning on having a jupiter 80 out on display for me to hear and play, they are all telling me that they wont even have them in stock.....that once i order one they will then order it from roland with a 17 day wait....so if you where hoping to run down to your music store and hear one dont hold your breath.....i check this out with guitar center, sam ash, and georges music......i was willing to travel to Orlando(2 hours) or Miami(6 hours) to hear and play one.....but they all are special order.....i hate to see this happen.....cause i have the money right here to order one.....BUT NOT WITHOUT HEARING IT.........hate to break the bad news to ya all.......C
PauloF

Re: it just gets worse

Post by PauloF »

fantomCK wrote:must be the sign of the times......but i can not find a music store, in florida, that is planning on having a jupiter 80 out on display for me to hear and play, they are all telling me that they wont even have them in stock.....that once i order one they will then order it from roland with a 17 day wait....so if you where hoping to run down to your music store and hear one dont hold your breath.....i check this out with guitar center, sam ash, and georges music......i was willing to travel to Orlando(2 hours) or Miami(6 hours) to hear and play one.....but they all are preorder.....i hate to see this happen.....cause i have the money right here to order one.....BUT NOT WITHOUT HEARING IT.........hate to break the bad news to ya all.......C
IMHO I think that you will have to wait a little longer before it happens. Be patient, they will be out there on display soon, specially if it sells well.
fantomCK

Post by fantomCK »

i sorry did i mention i call all these music store and asked and this is the answer they all gave me...if you hear of a music chain that is showing them by all means let us know
hutchpilot@aol.com

Post by hutchpilot@aol.com »

Not necessarily. While Roland's dealer agreement with most major outlets will probably require them to stock the Jupiter-80, that isn't a given. In New Orleans, not exactly a town uninterested in music or gear, the local Guitar Center has never stocked a V-Synth, a VR-700, or the new RD-700NX. A smaller store I recently visited once had a bunch of stuff, but now had nothing over $1000. Tough times for buyers and sellers!
Syntheon

Post by Syntheon »

probably scared to get it. the kronos is on demo at some stores here in seattle. i would like a hands on demo too.
en76

Post by en76 »

too expensive to stock it maybe!
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

You guys have obviously never worked 'retail'! Stores will have a floor model. They pay wholesale, plus, Roland often offers dealers floor-model pricing on new product! =)
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

i dont think this is the issue..(for all good reasons that piaknowguy gave).. however retail is all about $$/sq ft in sales.. and has nothing to do with offering you a good selection... so if stocking 25 cheap pianos gives the store more $$/sqft then that is what you will get as a choice...

in my experience anything remotely interesting that is not a Fantom or motif is simply not widespread and available.. Vsynth, RD700GX, RD300GX. RD700NX, GW7, GW8, S70XS, CP5, CP1, Virus and Nord were all MIA in CT when i was looking.

So, I have given up on retail stores.. i suggest to serious US lookers to simply order from samedaymusic.com.. they have free shipping, great prices and a no questions asked 60 day moneyback guarantee..
en76 wrote:too expensive to stock it maybe!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Mystic38 wrote:...
So, I have given up on retail stores.. i suggest to serious US lookers to simply order from samedaymusic.com.. they have free shipping, great prices and a no questions asked 60 day moneyback guarantee..
What's your commission ? c'mon, tell us ;-)

Cheers,
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

sorry, i cannot divulge that, but for overseas orders go to mystic38ripoff.com :)
PauloF wrote:
Mystic38 wrote:...
What's your commission ? c'mon, tell us ;-)

Cheers,
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

In my area we've got some big box stores but inventory is way down. However they all managed to put Motif XF6 & XF8 on the salesfloor so there's nothing telling me they won't have a Jupiter 80 & Kronos by the time these boards ship.
Python

Post by Python »

I think the problem is actually located elsewhere... While we freaks cannot wait to try out these new synths, lots of stores either don't know what it is, since they haven't got a date of arrival yet, or they just don't know how they should be any different from other keyboards until people start asking questions...

In my local store (1 hour away) in this little excuse for a country (denmark) where equipment sales are so low that we only have one serious sales-chain - and even their salesmen tells you how ALL of their floor-models end up being sold at rediculous prices at some point to make space for the new stuff coming in - you can still go to the stores and try wich ever keyboard you'd like... But if you ask them about a keyboard that isn't out yet, you might as well ask them to explain einsteins theory of relativity...
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Einsteins theory of relativity...

I can do that...

Its all about time and space..

The time it takes to order a new jp80 v the space required to stock it..
An of course don't forget to include light in the equation..
Just how light is the JP80

and since we all know that to sum all this up is simple as E=mc2
which tells us mater is equal to light times squared
will how light the jp is or not matter anyway..
and since traveling at the speed of light means you travel backwards in time..
this explains why we now have an 80s synth from the past now re-appearing in he 21s century. :)
Python

Post by Python »

There's just one thing about that theory that I don't get. Sound is actually just particle vibration in a hearable frequency. If you could pitch it withou the limits of a source (speaker or lightbulb or whatever), you could create visible sound. And even continue into heat (talk about warm sound!) and since that would be faster than light, would you hear/see the past - or would you just feel like you had been warm a little while ago?
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Ah you see that vibration with sound is all to do with string theory.
there are many versions but the simplest one is pluck and play.. lol