Video and support documents request thread.

Forum for JUPITER-80
Amazing One

Video and support documents request thread.

Post by Amazing One »

This thread is for any request you may have regarding Jupiter-80 videos or support documents for the Jupiter-80.
Amazing One

Re: Video and support documents request thread.

Post by Amazing One »

I’ll start things off…

Hi Roland!

I appreciate all the effort Roland’s staff members and associates put into the current video offerings on You Tube and Roland‘s official websites. Many of them showoff the Jupiter-80’s sound in various acoustic settings and recorded in a variety of ways which gives me an idea of how the instrument may sound under the given condition (such as how it might sound recorded with a consumer or pro camera mic during a live concert when played through pro speakers in a big room or through the line-in on various cameras).

A few of the videos that I feel are among the best at demonstrating the Jupiter-80’s effectiveness as a live performance synth were produced by the Roland U.S. team. That in part, has to do with the fact that I am America and lack the ability at this time to understand the language used by many of the talented and gracious demonstrators in the Non-English videos. But also, I feel that Scott Tibbs in particular, is an excellent demonstrator for the Jupiter-80 due to his polished playing style, outstanding technique, skill as a live performer, understanding of synth technology and understanding of America musicians mindset.

I would be very grateful if the Roland U.S. team would consider producing HD videos, with stereo audio (recorded at high quality using digital out, USB or export wav from Jupiter-80) and Scott Tibbs as the demonstrator. I would like for Scott to give details concerning his performance and show some new advanced performance possibilities with the Jupiter-80. I also want to ask if Scott would not mind giving us a piano performance with the Jupiter-80 and if the Roland U.S. team could produce a few demo songs in various styles.

I really feel that these video and audio files will give many potential Jupiter-80 buyers in America a great incentive to buy what looks to be an outstanding live performance synth!

Thanks in advance!

Amazing One.
Rocness

Post by Rocness »

This is my 1st post and I 2nd , Amazing One post above ^ !
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Rocness wrote:This is my 1st post and I 2nd , Amazing One post above ^ !
Welcome to the Clan!

I believe Amazing one's wish is also seconded by a lot of us (or at least some of us), but honestly... I suspect it won't happen...
But maybe I'm wrong... I hope I am
mojkarma

Post by mojkarma »

I was just recently reading the JP80 manual and there I miss completely the effect list and their parameters. I wanted to know if Roland changed something on the rotary effect by including a OD/Distortion. I'd consider this as an important change because there is just one effect allowed per tone. Without OD it is still not possible to emulate the typical rock sound on a hammond. On a Fantom G there is at least a workaround in the studio sets, but on the JP80 I would wonder if there is no possibility to add the OD.
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

WOW!!

You Roland U.S. guys work fast, outstanding!!! :-)

Here are several sound examples with Scott Tibbs improvising! When viewing the videos, make sure you set the quality to the highest level your computer can handle without causing slowdown.

jupiter 80 acoustic bass hd

jupiter 80 acoustic steel hd

jupiter 80 electric piano hd

jupiter 80 fingered e bass hd

jupiter 80 flamenco nylon string guitar hd

jupiter 80 flute hd

jupiter 80 marimba hd

jupiter 80 organ hd

jupiter 80 organ touchscreen drawbars hd

jupiter 80 piano hd

jupiter 80 strings hd

jupiter 80 timpani hd

jupiter 80 violin hd

Thanks Scott Tibbs and Roland U.S. team, I am really impressed by the sound and I look forward to testing a Jupiter-80 and hopefully using it on stage!

Amazing One..
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

Hey guys, Roland U.S. also made audio examples, you can hear them at rolandus.com, just click on the audio tab!

AWESOME!!!
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

mojkarma wrote:I was just recently reading the JP80 manual and there I miss completely the effect list and their parameters. I wanted to know if Roland changed something on the rotary effect by including a OD/Distortion. I'd consider this as an important change because there is just one effect allowed per tone. Without OD it is still not possible to emulate the typical rock sound on a hammond. On a Fantom G there is at least a workaround in the studio sets, but on the JP80 I would wonder if there is no possibility to add the OD.
+ 1 where are the OD settings for the Organ?
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

I Just listened to all the audio examples, WOW, definitely top notch in both instrument quality and expressive abilities! I’m completely sold as far as sound is concerned, bravo Roland, and the demos are beautifully and masterfully played as well!
Amazing One

Post by Amazing One »

Hi Guys!

I know I do not own the forum nor am I a mod, but I would be grateful if everyone would consider limiting this thread to video and support document request, as in, support document request that demonstrate the proper use of a current Jupiter-80 feature as defined by it’s current capabilities and Roland’s knowledge of the features intended purpose and use.

In turn, I will give the same respect given to me concerning a thread’s topic and the purpose for the thread when members make such a request.

For what it’s worth, the effects list and details are in the parameter guide. Also, in my opinion, it may be a bit early to determine if a feature will not suit your needs when combined with all supporting features contained within the synth, which are limited by the users skill in relation to the synths abilities as defined by the potential given to the synth from the manufacturer.

My advice for those who are unsure if a synth will suit their needs, is to try it in a store and/or wait for satisfactory user feedback concerning a given ability and then decide if the synth is right for you, if not, simply find one that is suitable.

I am willing to discuss the matter more if anyone wishes, but in a thread appropriate for such conversation.

Thanks Guys.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

PauloF wrote:
Rocness wrote:This is my 1st post and I 2nd , Amazing One post above ^ !
Welcome to the Clan!

I believe Amazing one's wish is also seconded by a lot of us (or at least some of us), but honestly... I suspect it won't happen...
But maybe I'm wrong... I hope I am
Thank God I WAS WRONG !!! ;-)

Very good job Scott and RolandUS team !!!
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

well, fair to say i am no organ buff..but that drawbar organ and leslie sounded pretty good to me!