I love it.

Forum for JUPITER-80
SammyJames

I love it.

Post by SammyJames »

I seriously do. I love this keyboard. I love it because the key action is the best that I have ever played in my 30 years of playing various keyboards.

This is saying an awful lot. I can't afford to buy one, and I may never be able to. But if I have the spare cash someday, I'll buy a Jupiter-80 and use it as a controller only.

I know that some of you will balk at this. Some will say "wow -- what a waste! You should use the sounds..." but I don't like the sounds at all. I just love the feel of the instrument.

If Roland ever creates a USB/MIDI keyboard that feels this good, then I'll buy that instead. Since they probably won't, I'll have to wait to be able to afford this one. But wow -- seriously -- I love this keyboard.

- Sammy
aron

Re: I love it.

Post by aron »

>but I don't like the sounds at all. I just love the feel of the instrument.

Maybe it will appear in the Edirol Controller lines? I would think they would have to use it on other models.

>I don't like the sounds at all.

Wow. Well, I like my JP-8000 a lot more :-)
Bruce Lychee

Post by Bruce Lychee »

As far as I can tell, the action feels identical to the V-synth GT. Perhaps a cheaper controller option?
theshinenz

Post by theshinenz »

Considering I've played the JP80, it felt exactly like the action on my Fantom G7, which is ok, but I still think its worse than the action on the motif xf and Kronos/M3 61?? The keys are too short IMO. Its definately not bad action but nothing to get excited about.